2 denials and now this - - unbelievable!

bankerchgo
on 9/9/06 5:53 am - Aurora, IL
I got my surgery date! Oct 30th. I was denied 2 times by my insurance and to my surprise, I received a letter from my insurance company stating that they made an error and that my surgery was approved and they apologized for the inconvenience. Unbelievable. When I first started this process, I was hoping for a July or August surgery. Now I am preparing for an Oct 30th surgery date. I am not going to fret about what could go wrong. I am going to focus on the positive and look at this experience as something exciting and fun. From reading all the profiles, it seems like being prepared, realistic and having a good attitude helps. This is going to be great!
mandymojica
on 9/9/06 7:11 am - South River, NJ
Congrats! I'm very very happy for you!
Elizabeth C.
on 9/10/06 2:40 am - Montgomery County, MD
Congratulations! Elizabeth
mookers
on 9/10/06 9:33 am - Penn Hills, PA
Congatulations!
Evelyn K.
on 9/11/06 12:57 am - south plainfield, NJ
Best of luck to you!!
Ann S.
on 9/13/06 11:06 pm - ravenna, MI
I am glad that everything is looking great for you now. Congrats on your date, I am Oct 25 so we will be 5 days apart! Best of luck to you, Ann
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 8:18 am - MT
Hello!! Congrats and best wishes on your upcoming surgery!! Felicia
miss-350
on 10/9/06 6:19 am - CT
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Hi am so happy for you!! how long of a wait did you have from the first day you spoke with the doctor?
bankerchgo
on 10/21/06 10:25 pm - Aurora, IL
I met with my doctor in mid-May for my initial consultaion. I received the approval in August and could have had the surgery in Sept but both my doctor and I had a number of scheduling conflicts. I was very fast about getting all the tests done that I needed and followed up with my insurance company on a regular basis.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views