Pre-op diet

Jeannette R.
on 9/11/06 12:42 am - Wilmington, NC
My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 4th. I'm supposed to start a 2 week pre-op diet next week. It's basically a low-carb diet, no more than 60 g of carbs a day. I guess it will help shrink the liver so they don't have to move it around so much during surgery. Anyone else on a pre-op diet?
cyvetteg
on 9/11/06 10:29 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Jeannette I too am on a pre-op diet, starting Monday only liquids-water,broth, I am enjoying my food this week for sure Good Luck on surgery charlene
Elizabeth C.
on 9/11/06 10:47 pm - Montgomery County, MD
I start my all liquid diet on Sunday. I am not really looking forward to it but it because my surgeon requires it, it must be done. Elizabeth
ladydino
on 9/12/06 11:37 pm - Phenix City, AL
My surgery is October 4th also. I guess I am fortunate. I start a "lite diet" the week before surgery consisting of soups, salads, deli meats, protein drinks. I don't have to do the liquid diet until two days before surgery. I have already been following a high protein, low carb diet since my last lab work showed my blood sugar levels were more elevated than the last time they were checked.
Ann S.
on 9/13/06 11:03 pm - ravenna, MI
My surgery is Oct 25 and I have to start my 2 week liquid fast on Oct 11. I am thinking of starting it a little sooner to get the 5lbs off that I have gained for eating all the stuff high in sugar and fat because I won't be able to have that again for a long time, if ever. Stupid I know. I want to shrink my liver so that they can do it lap, not open. Going to give it my best shot anyway. Ann
Jeannette R.
on 9/14/06 2:05 am - Wilmington, NC
I've been doing the same thing. I'm supposed to start my pre-op diet next week, but this week I've been eating stuff I know I won't be able to eat for a long time or ever again. Like I had Taco Bell for lunch. I know it's horrible and I shouldn't be doing it and it will probably make the pre-op diet that much harder. It's like a last supper over and over again. I'm trying to do better each day so it won't be such a shock next week. -- Jeannette
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 8:15 am - MT
Hello!! I have to start my Pre-Op diet on the 18th. 4 shakes a day nothing else for 2 weeks ACK!! But it will be worth it!! Best of luck ot you on your pre-op diet!! Congrats and best wishes on your upcoming surgery!! Felicia
Elizabeth C.
on 9/15/06 5:03 am - Montgomery County, MD
I'll be starting my full liquid diet on Monday too. I am loaded up with a variety of protein and I won't have to worry about having lunch money for a long while. Now I just need to buy some adjustable belts for when my pants start falling off Elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/06 7:09 am - MT
I have a whole tub of different kinds for after. But for the liquid diet I am going to stick to my tired and true ProComplex. Its my fav. After though who knows if I will still even have a taste for it lol. (which reminds me I better get another jug of it ordered ) LMAOO Yup its going to save on the food bill around here to. Good tip on the belt!! I will just be tickled to be able to WEAR a belt again. Best of luck!! Felicia
desperatelyseekingm
e

on 9/19/06 4:54 am - Crestview, FL
My date is October 23rd and right now it looks like I have a 4 day pre-op diet, so I'll start that on the 19th of October. I'll be done with any 'last meals' by then, we are going on a cruise the 9th-14th so I'll get that out of my system then
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views