I got my date. Oct 30th!!!

Melissa W.
on 9/29/06 6:43 am - Hackettstown, NJ
Wow, What a whirlwind. I went to the surgeon on Wed. in hopes of getting the ball rolling to have surgery in Dec or Jan and to my suprise they said "well how about Oct 30th" so me being very suprised my awesome husband jumped in and said "we'll take it". So in a flash I am just over a month away from the start of my new life. My husband had his surgery June 5th so we have been living the life of WLS since then and now I get to join him. I am so excited and yet at the same time I think I am still in shock. I can not wait to join him on the loosing side of life! WOW how fast this has gone. I guess really all I can say is YAY! As the surgeon said now it is my turn to be the entre and my husbands turn to be the appitizer! We just got married in August and that was a great start to a new life. Our saying is "most couples get married, grow old and get fat together. We are the oppostie. Got married, will grow old and get SKINNY together" What an awesome thing to be able to say!!! I am sure the time will fly by but now it seems so close yet so far away. I have never had any type of surgery or even any serious injuries so this is a huge step for me but I know that it is truly a life saving one. I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/06 7:45 am - Baldwinsville, NY
WOOHOO!!!! Way to go. My date is the 4th, 5 days, and I am really excited. I do attend support groups every Thursday which helps me alot. I get to find out alot about those that are in my shoes, those that are newly post-op, and those that are farther out. I would highly recommend something similar Best of Luck Molly
Krissy B.
on 10/5/06 12:47 am - Palmyra, Australia
Hi Melissa, My date is October 30th as well! Best of luck! :thumbsup:
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.