Nystatin Swish & Swallow

Elizabeth C.
on 9/30/06 2:56 am - Montgomery County, MD
Anybody else doing this? I have been instructed to take this stuff 4x/day starting 4 days before surgery to reduce the growth of yeast. When it first hit my tongue the taste wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but then when I swished and swallowed...ewwww It is disgusting! My stomach doesn't really like it either. Elizabeth
Ann S.
on 9/30/06 3:32 am - ravenna, MI
Nope, never heard of this, but I go to the docs on the 4th so then I might find out if I have to do this too. My surgery is not till the 25 of Oct, maybe that is why I didn't hear of this. Good luck on your surgery, Ann
cherie M.
on 9/30/06 6:30 am - pasadena, TX
hello yes i have to do this only the morning of surgery.thanks for the heads up about the taste. cherie
Ranessap
on 10/1/06 1:18 am
How did they determine that you needed to do this? Do you have recurring yeast infections? Maybe I need to talk to my doctor about this too. Ranessa
Elizabeth C.
on 10/1/06 10:25 am - Montgomery County, MD
My surgeon requires Nystatin for all of his patients. He takes a lot of precautions. Starting yesterday I have also had to was with Hibiclens twice a day. Elizabeth
Sweet_Tee
on 10/1/06 3:38 am - Sedalia, CO
Sounds yukky I wonder if I will have to do this. Thanks for the heads up on the tastiness factor! Good luck on your surgery and may you have a smooth recovery. Sweet T
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 958 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views