Good Luck

madelinesmom
on 10/2/06 11:12 pm - Minot, ND
To all of you having your surgery this month, I wanted to wish you good luck. I had my surgery just about one year ago and I am so delighted with the results. You are welcome to check out my profile. While I haven't posted any pictures yet (I bought a disposable camara dedicated to document my journey), I have written a lot about my experiences along the way. Early on you may be frustrated and feel unwell as I did, but over time I hope you all will have the happiness I have found. Here are a few things that helped: Everything tasted funny in the beginning - I ended up making my own vegetable broth for flavor. Then everything tasted bland, do I would eat (mild) "salsa soup" - normal salsa without chips. Once meats are introduced, watch out for anything dry (turkey was awful). It is easier to tolerate meats when eaten with vegetables (most sauces were too fatty for me at first). I would either eat them with salads or well-cooked vegetables. Don't neglect protein supplementation: weight loss is better, hunger more controlled, hairloss limited, and energy is better when you are consistent about supplementing. Read labels for sugar contents - for me 10g was enough to cause me to feel unwell. Once you are well out from surgery, jerkey is a wonderful snack that gives you the chew without the desire to overeat like chips or pretzels. Best wishes on your journey.
Judy G.
on 10/6/06 12:40 pm - Galion, OH
THANKYOU SO MUCH JULIE!!! HAVING MY SURGERY ON THE 17TH AND SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HELPED ME GET TO WHERE I AM TODAY!! I WILL REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE DRY MEATS!! CONGRATS TO YOUR ONE YEAR!!! HUGS JUDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 958 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views