today is my Re-birthday!

mom2sali
on 10/19/07 12:13 am - London, Canada
Hi there October Babies! I can't beleive that a year has gone by, where did the time go? This time a year ago I was in recovery and was back in my room by 11:30 am. The surgery went with out a hitch. My recovery was pretty uneventful, which is a great thing! And today I am 143.5 pounds lighter! I have lost exactly half of what I started with. I would have been so happy to be under 200 pounds. I never dreamed I could acheive this. It was a goal that I could only fream about because I have failed so many times before this. I plan on never getting over 150 again. That is the upper limit of "normal" and I kind of like being certifiably normal for a change, Life is so much better. I can tie my shoes with out getting winded. I can walk with out a cane. (I gave it away) I am off of all my meds. My Lupus is under control, no symptoms for months. I can breath. I can sleep and best of all I can see myself as an old lady playing with her grandchildren some day and a year ago that was not in the cards. Thanks to each and every one of you for being an amaizing support system. Thank you for sharing your wow moments and not so wow moments. Every time we would post here I am sure that someone else said "Oh thank God I am not alone" I know that I said that more than once. I have my one year check up on the 24th. I will let you all know how that goes. Thank you!!! Tara
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/07 2:16 am - MT
Happy Re Birthday Tara!!! I am so proud of you!! You have done just amazing this past year. I see a very bright and happy future coming for you!!! *HUGGLES* Felicia =0)
Michelle B.
on 10/19/07 2:19 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Tara Congratulations!!!!!! You have come so far and done fabulous!! This board and our October friends have all been a God-send and I don't know what I'd do without everyone here!
hollywatson
on 10/19/07 4:39 am - Oil City, PA
Congratulations Tara!! What a fabulous year it has been! I am so proud of you!! Hugs, Holly
annette R.
on 10/19/07 6:57 am - ithaca, NY
Congratulations Tara - Your WOW moments have been wowing for an entire year. Simply amazing how far you have come. Annette
LisaAC
on 10/21/07 4:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Re-Birthday, Tara! As someone who's never set 'normal' or 'average' as a goal for anything...it sure feels nice, doesn't it Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 237 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1237 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 992 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 960 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1111 views