I am here!

berts4
on 11/1/07 11:43 pm - Rock City, IL
In answer to Holly's question.......I am here (as much as I can be.....). I have been very busy at work lately, which keeps me away from OH more than I would like. Todd and I had a WONDERFUL vacation on St. Pete Beach in Florida from the 18th to the 25th. I finally got the pictures up on my profile. Check out the bridge that we WALKED across in 90 degree heat with 85% humidity! Not only did we cross that 1/2 mile bridge with no problem, but we walked another 5-6 miles that day alone! Todd kept asking me, "Are you sure? Are you all right?" and I just laughed with the excitment of being ABLE to walk with him. I was asking him if HE was OK!!!! Before WLS, I would have preferred to sit in the air conditioned hotel reading a book. My, what a difference a year makes! Speaking of that, I have been too busy to sneak on here and post my 1 year reveiw, but I will get to it as soon as I can. Let's just say that I have no regrets, even though I am still "obese" on the BMI chart and have not lost all that I'd hoped to lose. The doctor and nutritionist say that I am doing everything correctly and to be patient, so I will. I really don't have a choice now, do I? Since they are the experts, I will trust them and hope that the rest of the weight comes off eventually. I do hope you are all doing fine and enjoying the new life that we've chosen for ourselves. Everyone, keep up the good work! Dawn
E velyn
on 11/2/07 2:41 am
Hi Dawn! Good to hear from you. I love the photo of the sunset, and the one of you and your hubby in the cafe. What a wonderful vacation! I agree - we just trust the surgeons and nutritionists and keep working. I know that some people lose all their weight in 6-8 months while others (like you and me) just take longer. As long as I am continuing to lose and feel great, I am a happy camper! You look marvelous!
berts4
on 11/2/07 3:20 am - Rock City, IL
Thank you so much for the kind words, and you are looking pretty good yourself! Dawn
allison1974
on 11/2/07 11:28 am - PA
I love the pics from your vacation! You look great! I am glad you had a wonderful time. Allison
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views