Neuropathy...

tiffyb
on 12/9/07 5:33 am - Orange, CA
My Doc has diagnosed me with Neuropathy.. 3 different kinds. this is the one I have.. WEB MD - Polyneuropathy accounts for the greatest number of peripheral neuropathy cases. It occurs when many peripheral nerves throughout the body malfunction at the same time. Polyneuropathy can have a wide variety of causes, including exposure to certain toxins, poor nutrition (particularly vitamin B deficiency), and complications from diseases such as cancer or kidney failure. She thinks that I have an issue with my B vits.. So she took blood to check it.. Gave me this med that makes me feel weird.. Tongue is still numb, but no acid crazy taste today. I hope maybe we can fix it.. I wonder if you can get Vit B in a shot?? Well I will let you know what she says about my blood work when i hear from her. Hope all is well... Love, Tiff
Dai Toy
on 12/9/07 9:33 am - CA
I take a b12 shot every week as well as the sub ling. 2x's a day plus the bariatric multi vit with the b's! I to have neuropathy! It runs in my family I am told! But I never had issues before! I can tell ya since I started the shots it has helped tremendously! I also have dysphonia/dystonia which is a neurological issue too! The b12 seem to help that also. When it gets bad I have to do botox injections in the vocal cords! Not fun! So I welcome the shots and any relief the give! Good Luck to Ya!
Susan T.
on 12/9/07 12:12 pm - Waco, TX
Tiff, Waiting to hear how you are doing. Keep us posted! Susan
berts4
on 12/9/07 10:05 pm - Rock City, IL
Dear Tiffany: Yes, you can get a B-12 shot, and also take it sublinguily (under the tongue). I take one in the morning and one at night, 1000 mcg each and my 1 year blood work showed by B-12 off the charts at above 2000. They just disolve under your tounge and taste like cherry. They are rather inexpensive and can be purchased at Wal-Mart. Just MAKE SURE to buy the SUBLINGUAL. Please let us know what the doctor has to say. Dawn
annette R.
on 12/11/07 4:19 am - ithaca, NY
Tiffany, I have been dealing with this issue for several months. Mine is Peripheral Neuropathy. They think it is due to malabsorption of "some unknown" vitamin and/or mineral. Funny thing is my labs have all been perfect and I never miss a supplement. An addition 18 labs have come back 'normal'. What is normal for most is not always normal for us. My dietician gave me a study which discovered this may be happening to 16% of WLS people. Right now they have put me on an addition multi- vitamin combination. On Friday I am scheduled for a Nerve Conduction Study at the request of my neurologist. My surgeon and dietician are considering doing IV Vitamin Infusion on me. Please let me know how you make out. This doesn't hurt so far - but is scary. Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views