Do we EVER warm up???

hollywatson
on 1/23/08 3:44 am - Oil City, PA
Will our bodies ever warm up after WLS??? Goodness!! I am FREEZING!!!!! I didn't know if our bodies ever adjust or if its something we will have to live with for the rest of our lives, although I wouldn't gain 130 pounds ever again just to be warm.....I was just wondering and now that I reread this, I sound like I am rambling! SORRY!
annette R.
on 1/23/08 4:31 am - ithaca, NY
Holly - I am waiting to get warm too. We live in New York where the Winters last forever. I want to live where it is HOT, not warm but HOT!! I sleep in flannel PJ's for the first time since I was a kid, use a heating pad plus an electric blanket at night to stop shivering. Poor hubby thinks I am out of my mind because I never used to cool off. Like you, I would not trade the weight just to feel warm again.
LisaAC
on 1/23/08 12:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Holly, I can't remember the last time I was warm. I never ever thought I would be looking forward to summer!
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/08 7:44 pm - Baldwinsville, NY
NO! That is unless you are wearing a hoodie over your turtleneck over your tank top over your bra, then a pair of sweats over your spandex over your underwear, and your socks over your other socks. then...... YES!!! I can be warm Just thought i'd drop in and say "hi". Haven't been on the computer alot. I work all day on the computer, and only check email when I get home. No interest in spending hours on it anymore. HELLO!!!! to everyone! I feel like we've all lost touch. No more cards, no more emails. Life is getting in the way Have a good weekend all! Molly
Patricia S.
on 1/23/08 9:59 pm - Glen Mills, PA
No! At least that is what I have decided. I have discovered on evenings when I absolutely can't get warm...if I take a REALLY hot bath and sit in that dang tub until a break a sweat...then I can climb into bed and stay warm long enough to fall asleep. I have to stay in that tub long enough for the warmth to soak all the way into my bones for it to help.
tiffyb
on 1/24/08 12:40 am - Orange, CA
Hi Holly, I went to bed last night with a heating pad wrapping around me feet!! I know i am in Cali.. But my goodness.. It has been getting around 42 here at night. Thats way cold for this girl.. At work I wear fingerless gloves and a scarf.. I am sooo cold all the time.. Luvs and Hugs! Tiff
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/08 5:54 pm
Hi, Holly... I had my WLS in 12/06 and took a peek to see if any of earlier MB had issues with coldness or tailbone pain. I have been sleeping with a heated blanket for months and that really helps, but I also need to wear a set of PolarMax thermals under my PJs... sometimes a soft hat and gloves... and thick socks. The PolarMax set is usually worn by skiers and I have worn them under my clothes to keep warm. I believe that the coldness can last up to 2 years from surgery... Oh, Joy! I crank up the heated seats in our Passat and use a car blanket when I am in the passenger seat. Hot showers and hot tea seem to work for a while also. It seems that we are in for the big chill for a while. As for the tailbone pain, I've been told that glute exercises are the way to go. I am tired of my aching butt. Shivering Ro
Aime B.
on 1/26/08 10:05 pm - Baltimore, MD
I freeze until my hot flashes start around 9 pm. Then I am sweating and taking off all of my clothes!
PUDYTAT
on 1/27/08 12:32 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
HEY HOLLY, SORRY SO LATE POSTING AN ANSWER TO THIS, IT'S BEEN CRAZY AT WORK, SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW. IT SEEMS AS IF WE'RE GETTING SICKER AND SICKER BABIES THESE DAYS AS OPPOSED TO HEALTHY NEWBORNS. WARM? TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY IN A LONG TIME THAT I FEEL WARM. WHY? YOU MIGHT ASK, IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY THAT I'M SITTING IN DIRECT SUN LIGHT IN THE SUN ROOM. I'M USUALLY FREEZING MY ASS OFF, MAYBE THAT'S WHY WE ALL HAVE SORE TAIL BONES, CAUSE WE'RE FREEZING THEM OFF. I USED TO LIVE IN N.Y. AND WAS USED TO THE COLD, NEVER FELT IT. I USED TO WALK OUTSIDE IN THE WINTER IN A PAIR OF PANTS AND SWEATSHIRT AND WAS COMFORTABLE. NOW I LIVE IN THE SOUTH (COASTAL NORTH CAROLINA)WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE WARM, BUT GUESS WHAT? THE THERMOMETER IS ONLY READING 32 AT 1100am. WHO TURNED OFF THE HEAT. MOST NIGHTS I'M WEARING FLANNEL PJ'S W/ A PAIR OF WARM FUZZY SOCKS AND TWO, NOT ONE BUT TWO COMFORTERS ON THE BED, ONE CAT AT MY FEET AND ANOTHER CAT AT MY SIDE, AND STILL COLD. I GUESS THIS IS THE PRICE WE HAVE TO PAY FOR LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT. AND LIKE YOU, NOTHING IN THIS WORLD COULD MAKE ME GAIN BACK THE 140# I'VE LOST. I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO ADD LAYER UPON LAYER, UPON LAYER, UPON LAYER, etc . . . . SO, ON THAT NOTE, " STAY WARM SISTER." DONNA, SFY
ZeeDove
on 1/27/08 4:44 pm - Cape Town, South Africa
it is the middle of summer in cape town, 77 degrees outside, and i am sitting with a heater at my feet. i would normally wear socks but it will not match my outfit ... :D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views