Is Anyone Still Trying To Lose?

Jenn F.
on 3/16/08 6:23 am - Lansing, MI
Zee, I know how happy you are to be at your current weight. You have done a great job!! Jenn
Judy G.
on 3/16/08 2:11 am - Galion, OH
Hey Jenn and everyone...You most certainly are not alone in still trying to lose the weight!!! I have been stuck since about July with all this dam stress I am under right now and its not getting any better!!! I am willing to try anything that will help me get started losing once again!!! Bear in mind money is scarce right now so I am limited in what I can do that will cost money!!!! So keep me posted in what we will do here...I know I haven't been active on this board in ages but I am on the over 50 forum....Wishing you all the best in this journey!!! Hugs Judy
Jenn F.
on 3/16/08 6:27 am - Lansing, MI
Judy! It's great to see my Michigan sister here! We miss you on the Michigan board too. You have had a rough year but you just keep on going! Good for you! Maybe a good challenge to you would be to walk a certain distance every day. Even if it's just around your house until the weather cooperates. That is free and can help tremendously. Maybe you are already doing that. For you (well for all of us really), just getting rid of some of the stress will be helpful to your health. I hope you are able to get some time to yourself soon to focus on the Judy within. Jenn
Judy G.
on 3/16/08 7:56 am - Galion, OH
I don't belive that for a minute Jenn...Michigan board missing me??? Hahaha I don't care for the michigan board at all anymore because of a certain few people and they know who they are so will not mention any names....(no its not you Jenn...Lol) I found a happy home with the over 50 people and I love it there....No back stabbing or making fun of others on that board at all!!!! I do walk when the weather is nice enough to get out...But its been so cold its hard to do that....But hopefully spring will be here soon and I will get out walking more!!!! Maybe the stress will leave me soon enough but I don't see it happening just yet....I am getting a divorce and trying to get the house and its furnishings....Not sure if the courts will see it my way or not with Gary not being able to live here and care for himself and the house...(he is in a group home now due to illness) so we shall see what happens...Still thinking of moving to Ohio if I can't keep the house. Keep in touch Jenn!!! And good luck on losing more weight!!! Hugs Judy
E velyn
on 3/16/08 5:27 am
Hi everyone! It's so nice to see activity on the board again. It seems that these challenges will continue for many of us, so it is nice to know that I'm not alone. I don't know about the rest of you, but my body stopped losing for a while, then recently started up again - but slowly. I can't tell you why. I didn't start exercising more, or eating better -- it just decided to give up a few more pounds. This whole surgical weight loss thing is an adventure, isn't it? For those of you who still have a ways to go -- hang in there! Mine started coming off again, so there is no reason that yours won't also start. Our bodies just have a mind of their own!
Jenn F.
on 3/16/08 6:30 am - Lansing, MI
Evelyn, It's great to know that you are losing again. It's so frustrating when we stall but you have reminded us all that we need to be patient with our bodies. They have been through a lot this past year. Good luck to you on your continued weight loss! Jenn
E velyn
on 3/18/08 8:03 am
Hi Jenn Thanks for the good wishes! Here I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't come up with the money and the courage for plastic work yet -- and I lost five more pounds! I'm just delighted. I may even hit 150 - a weight that I thought was completely unachievable. (I'm at 154 right now) I hope your body decides to give you a similar "gift" soon.
Jeannine L.
on 3/30/08 10:34 am - Dover, DE
You're not alone as you already know after reading all of the posts! I've lost 128 lbs, but to reach my goal of 150, I still need to lose 35-40 lbs. depending on the day. I've lost motivation, but I'm working hard to find it again! I'm thrilled with the surgery itself and the outcome, and I'm terrified that I will be one of those failures everyone seems to tell us about when they hear we've had WL surgery. Until recently, I've been pretty good with my diet, but not so diligent about getting enough exercise (although I did walk two miles a day for a few months in my rapid weight loss phase last spring.) Tomorrow, I'm starting a walking program again! I'm definitely interested in working with those of you in the same shoes so that we can encourage each other.
favteacher
on 5/14/08 3:47 am
I am having the same issue. I have not lost much weight at all and I feel so stupid. I went through so much during my surgery and now I look in the mirror and see the same person. How can I change this? Should I look into a possible revision surgery? what are my options. I am so embarassed to say that I have only lost around 60lbs. Please offer me so help. Audrea
Worthy
on 6/4/08 2:53 am
My goal weight is 150 and I too had the surgery 10/06.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 239 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1241 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 996 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 962 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1114 views