Is Anyone Still Trying To Lose?

Jenn F.
on 3/9/08 4:25 am - Lansing, MI
I feel like I am the only one left from the October '06 board who still has weight to lose. Even though I have lost 188 pounds, I still need to lose more because I started at a high weight of 384 pounds. I am finding that the weight loss has slowed, it's harder to be as motivated. I still track every morsel that goes in my mouth but find I'm fighting with my head more than anything about what to put into my belly. Is everyone at goal or at least happy with where they are weight/size wise? Jenn
tiffyb
on 3/9/08 1:42 pm - Orange, CA
Hi Jenn, Nice to see you on the board.. 188 lbs???? That is soooooo wonderful!! WOW! I am trying to get 10 more pounds off.. it is hard to tell how much I need to lose as I still have skin issues.. My tummy is still pudgy.. I just feel I am not as thin as I should be. I wear a 9/10.. Sometimes still 11/12 depends if it is at one of those fashion cheap stores. always a bigger size in those stores.. I dont think I will be totally happy unitl I can get a tummy tuck, thighs, and boobs.. Hopefuly my doc will give me a ref this summer.. Shoot, you can never be too rich or too thin my mom always said.. lol.. Glad to see you are doing so well.. Good for you for tracking everything. I do mentally. Should start writting down everything again.. Keep up the good work girl!!! Talk to you soon! Tiff
Jenn F.
on 3/11/08 12:03 am - Lansing, MI
Thanks Tiff! I hear you on the sizes. I wish there was an international size guide for women like there is for men. It would be great if we could go into any store and know exactly what size was going to fit us. I have some 14's that fit me better than 16's and they are the same brand of jeans bought at the same store. Go figure! I hope you get the PS referral you are looking for. I know it helps so many people to get rid of the extra skin and feel "normal" again. Thanks again for your support here! Jenn
kksskaggs
on 4/16/08 6:09 am - Riverside, CA
Hi Jenn: I wanted to refer you to my plastic surgeon. He is recommended by obesityhelp.com and does seminars with them. He just finished a Las Vegas seminar. You can check under events, obesityhelp.com and see if they have any in this area. I had a RNY in October 27, 2006. I lost 110 lbs, I am 63 (almost 64) and many plastic surgeons don't want us older gals but Dr. Katzen specializes in RNY and lap-band patients after their surgery because he knows we have a lot of hanging flesh and you can only push so much into our jeans. He gladly accepted me. My first plastic surgery was 11/25/07 with a circumferential tummy tuck and thigh lifts. This surgery took off 15 lbs. My 2nd surgery was 3/5 and I had a breast lift with liposuction on my back and under my arms. Also was Juvederm in a few deep wrinkles on my face. I am done with surgeries and wearing my first bikini. I have 5 lbs to lose still until I reach my roal of 140. Good luck. You will Love Dr. Katzen, he is gentle, very talented at body sculpting, handsome and a joy to talk to - he really listens! Dr. J Timothy Katzen 310 859-7770 Diana usually answers the phone, be sure to tell them I referred you. 9735 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 407 Beverly Hills, CA 90212 PS He is very reasonable because we are affiliated with Obesity Help. Karen Skaggs
berts4
on 3/9/08 11:30 pm - Rock City, IL
Hi Jenn! No....you are not alone. I have been stuck on a plateau since 10 months out. It seemed that no matter WHAT I do, nothing helps. I still need to lose 35 pounds to reach a "normal" BMI. I have been VERY discouraged and seldom post here any more bacause I am sure everyone is tired of hearing me whine about the same old thing. I have tried a lot of different approaches.....more exercise, less exercise, more protein, less protein, 3 meals a day, 5-6 meals a day, no carbs, low carbs, whatever carbs.......you get the idea. The only thing I never cut back on was waterand vitamins. That was until this last week, when someone took pity on me and answered one of my posts (on another board) about trying "clean eating" (which I THOUGHT I was doing.....NOT). Since last Tuesday, I have been eating approximately every 2 hours. At each "meal" I have 2-4 oz. of lean meat and 1 cup of raw or slightly steamed veggies, in addition to a few other things. I lost 2 pounds the first 3 days and have kept them off all week! I plan on continuing and seeing where it takes me. After being stuck for so long, I am not getting excited, but it is the first loss in a long time. If you are interested, PM me and I can send you the details. What I like about this "plan" is that it has all 4 food groups and does not forbid. It is a healthy plan a person could do forever----not a "diet". The other tool I learned about (from the same member) is www.thedailyplate.com. I have tried fitday and sparkpeople, but this one tells you how many calories you need for the day, then when you put in your exercise and food eaten, it shows how many more/less you can have throughout the day.
Jenn F.
on 3/11/08 12:09 am - Lansing, MI
Hi Dawn! Wow! You really have tried everything, LOL! I know exactly what you mean about trying to become "unstuck". Congratulations on making the scale move!! That is quite an accomplishment! The new eating plan sounds really interesting. I'd love to see a copy of it. I still use FitDay but the computer version. It works great for me and I'm almost addicted to making sure I document my intake. I know it's the only way I will ever keep the weight off and I will have to do it for the rest of my life. Congratulations again on your recent loss! Jenn
Mary Sellers
on 7/13/08 4:54 pm - Pace, FL
Dawn, Hello, I saw your post and wanted to ask you how you are doing? I would like to know about the plan with the 4 food groups so I can try it. I know I have gained 10 -15 pounds and it's driving me nuts. Also I know it's the things I have been eating too. I really have just given up and now it is really bothering me. I had my RNY Sep 1 06 and I weighed 388 the day of surgery and my lowest weight was 217. Now i am around 232 and I don't like it. I want to get down to 180 since i am 5'9 tall and i have big bones. I think that will be a perfect weight for me. I will be having a tummy tuck next year and I know that will take off alot of the problem but I want to be that 180 before that happens. If you can help me that would be awsome. I really need something. Thanks Mary
Con Con
on 3/9/08 11:50 pm - Coastal, MS
Whew - nope you/we aren't the only ones. I was coming here to ask the same thing. I have 25 pounds to lose (on my good days) and 30 (on my bad days). It is really MY fault though. I don't evercise, and I DO eat lots of junk. I just can't seem to find motivation.... Maybe we can start a small challenge with those of us who have someting to lose and something to prove. We ARE still within the "easy" window until 2 years out (although, it has been hard for me since 1 year out). I am so close to goal, I wont be happy unless I get there.... how about you all?
Jenn F.
on 3/11/08 12:11 am - Lansing, MI
Hi there! I totally understand about good days and bad days. How in the heck can we gain 4 pounds overnight when we eat the same things we have been eating for months? I finally found some motivation (God knows where it came from) to exercise. I joined Curves yesterday with my mom so hopefully I'll be able to firm up some of this skin. I would love to start a small challenge with you. We do still have time to get this weight off and I'd hate to miss my goals when I'm this close. We should do it! Jenn
dawnika
on 3/10/08 7:39 am - Lex., NC
You are not a long I have about 20 more to lose and I can not get it off for nothing I did the 5day pouch test lost 3pounds but i am working hard to get this off. I know what you are talking about.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views