Where has time gone...Plastic's question

SusanL
on 3/12/08 12:29 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Well it's been a long time since I've been on obesity help and on the Oct board. I was wondering if anyone has had any plastics done and would you do it again and what did you have done. I've had a TT but am left with absolutly no chest. I seem to struggle now with how my body looks and want so bad to have some work done but not sure if or where to start. I spoke with someone at my support group meeting last night who told me to wait a few years because the skin with get better. I feel I have gone through all this and still don't feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit...They don't make them with enough padding in the chest area unless I want to wear a bikini and that aint happening... Any words of wisdom..... I have vowed to get back on task and be more active again.
Tabby C.
on 3/12/08 3:32 pm - West Alexander, PA
Hello, Susan. Good to "see" you here. I had PS in November. I had a breast lift (no implants), an extended TT (with the anchor cut) and an extended thigh lift (running a little over half way down my thighs). I had some problems with the thigh lift and had to have an additional surgery in Dec. to remove a large baseball sized hematoma. Since my surgeries, I have also had the pleasure of my body spitting out several "disolvable" (my a$$) stitches. I am FINALLY feeling good. The breast lift was NOTHING compared to the thighs. The TT wasn't much to complain about either after the first week. I LOVE my new boobies. I wish I had gotten implants, but I keep reminding myself that I look natural and that since it is ALL ME I won't have to worry about issues with them down the road. I am a B-cup, but look nice in a push-up bra. I can wear a medium top and not worry about buying a larger size to fit my big boobs, like my sister has to do. I thought I would feel so much better in a bathing suit after the PS, but I still don't like the way I look in a bathing suit...go figure. I still have extra skin under my arms and my lovely bat wings. I need a revision on my thighs, so I will probably STILL end up buying a skirted suit. I need to hit the treadmill and the weight machine to see what else I can do to tone up before I hit the beach. I found my surgeon on OH and am very pleased with the one I chose. I met with him and he said that I had to be 1 year out from my WLS and maintain for over 3 mos, which I did. I just couldn't imagine dealing with the sagging skin and body issues for another year or two. I am glad I had it done when I did. Keep us posted. Good luck. Hugs Tabby
SusanL
on 3/14/08 1:31 am - Somewhere out there, WA
I went to a support group meeting...I've sorta been lacking on going with sports going on for the kids. One of the gals suggested I was a least another year but I don't think I can...I would like to at least get my breasts done but locally it is over $10,000 and if I go to Mexico I can have everything done for that price. I need a lift and implants as I have nothing left. I hate how I look in a bathing suit but think I would look better if I had some thing to fill the top with. How have you been doing otherwise? Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views