SOMETHING'S IN THERE?

Michelle B.
on 4/15/08 2:22 am - Pennsauken, NJ
I was touching my stomach, along the incision line, between my breast and belly button, and low and behold, found a bump. feels like the size of a walnut, and actually feels like a nut in there, or a ball. I am freaking out. What could it be? Is it a hernia? Never knew it was there until I felt it.
E velyn
on 4/15/08 3:40 am
Michelle, it sure sounds like it could be a hernia. It might be good to have it checked out sometime when your doctor can see you. It might be new, or it might have been there for a while. Did you feel something happen, or pull in that area? The only good news about having a hernia is that I hear you can combine the hernia repair with your tummy tuck (if you need one and if your insurance won't cover the TT - mine won't) and the cost is much less, since you are already under anesthesia!
Michelle B.
on 4/15/08 4:08 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Just stinks if it is a hernia, that I didnt find it about 4 months ago, just had my gallbladder out in december... do not want to go back into surgery again until I'm getting an extreme makeover!! Which I dont think i'll be ready for a while because I still have a bunch more weight to lose. Scared though. How long can you live w/a hernia before it's a danger?
E velyn
on 4/15/08 4:33 am
Oh my goodness, I forgot about your gall bladder! That DOES stink. My brother-in-law has had an abdominal hernia for eight years. He keeps putting off its repair. Depending on its placement, etc, I think you might be able to wait a bit until your extreme makeover. Probably each case is different Yours needs to be looked at before too long to assure that everything is OK though. Let us know!
LisaAC
on 4/15/08 6:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey, Michelle, better call the office. Let us know how it goes. And let me know when you'll be in the area. Lisa
annette R.
on 4/18/08 7:52 am - ithaca, NY
Michelle, You should see your surgeon to be on the safe side. But if it doesn't hurt, don't get all anxious. I have had two surgeries, (5 herias repaired) since our initial WLS. Until there was pain, my surgeon said there was no rush to get into the OR. The pain was intense and quick when it happened though. There seemed to be no way to know how or if it would happen. The surgeries were done laproscopically. The first time I was back to work in about one week. The second time they gave me an antibiotic that was on my known allergy list so I was out a bit longer. Originally he said he wanted to wait and see if I needed plastics and would do a tummy tuck at the same time. none was needed so he just fixed the hernias. Good luck. Annette
PUDYTAT
on 4/19/08 6:28 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey michelle, where exactly is the "bump" located? Is it just above or below the belly button, to the left or right of lower abdomen? Left or right groin? Most hernia's, unless it's a hiatal are normally located in the lower abdomen as these are some of the weakest muscles in the body. What you might have is an adhesion, these are very common at the incision sites after surgery. When healing occurs in the body cavity sometimes the internal incision site sticks to organs such as the intestines. It May also be a keyloid, which is an area on the incision that has healed strangely and bunching. Makes scense? But most certainly go to your pcp and have it checked out. Donna, sfy
Lisa_1967
on 4/28/08 9:45 pm - Rileyville, VA
Hi Michelle! I have a similar problem myself....When I eat, I get a lump under my scar from the WLS. Depending on how much I eat is how big it gets. I eat almost anything I want now and of course too much sugar makes me sick but I do have trouble getting sick from time to time after I eat...and the pain is most of the time where the lump is. I really do think it is a hernia. I had my gall bladder taken out probably 10 years ago. After it was removed I would get pain in my sternum where the incision was for the lapo. When I had my scope done before the gastric they said that I had a small hernia but my WLS would fix it. Well, no it did not!!! I have found eating unsalted saltine crackers helps when it starts. I freak out if I don't have any crackers in the house!!! My boys are bad for eatting up my crackers and leaving the empty box sit in the cabinet! I have just tried to deal with it when I have trouble. I know the day will come when I have to have something done about it. Until then I will just eat my cracker Lisa S By the way...You look soooo good!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Michelle B.
on 4/29/08 2:01 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Thanks Lisa! It's not giving me any trouble - yet! Just felt it there one day... hopefully it stays like that until I'm ready for plastic surgery!! Lord knows I do not want to go back in the hospital for anything
Michelle B.
on 4/29/08 2:01 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Thanks Lisa! It's not giving me any trouble - yet! Just felt it there one day... hopefully it stays like that until I'm ready for plastic surgery!! Lord knows I do not want to go back in the hospital for anything
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views