HELLO!!!!

hollywatson
on 6/3/08 1:02 am - Oil City, PA
WOW! It's amazing to see how much this board has slowed down!! It's wonderful that we are all out there living our lives to the fullest! Something we weren't able to do 2 years ago! Where did the time go????? I hope you are all doing well......I still have a few pounds to lose, but the darn things don't want to come off! My surgeon told me she was happy where I was and that I didn't really need to lose anymore unless I wanted to! I think of you all often!! Take care and have a wonderful, fantastic summer!!!!!!! Holly
annette R.
on 6/3/08 7:04 am - ithaca, NY
Hi Holly, Once upon a time this board was very active. I miss hearing how everybody is doing. Life is much easier without all the extra weight. It feels good to move, walk, and even run without hurting and getting out of breath. I struggled getting below 200 pounds but eventually the scale began to move. Good thing or it was going in the trash. When my Nut said it was time to begin maintenance I was terrified that I would start to gain weight. So far, no weight gain. Having WLS at 59 years old seemed like the last chance to improve my health. So I have stuck to the eating plan and have adjusted quite well. Guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. My weight has gone down to 113 pounds for a total loss of 207 pounds. That still amazes me every day. Thanks for posting. I hope a few others jump in and give an update also. Annette
Susan T.
on 6/8/08 12:26 pm - Waco, TX
Hi Holly!! WOW!! I can't believe how long it's been since I came over to this board! I've missed you guys and do think about you all often. But, like everyone else, I'm out there busy living again. Not to mention dealing with the "end of school" stuff. Thankfully the coming week is the last one!! WHEW! If it gets any busier around here I'm going to need to hire a personal secretary to keep me headed in the right direction! Four boys with their activities are about to get the best of me...and they don't have that much going on, it's just that everything is going on all at the same time!! YIKES!!! Update on me: I'm still maintaining in the 130s. Most of the time I'm right in the middle at 135. Some days it's up a couple and some days it's down a couple. I would love to have the skin issue taken care of once and for all, but having some issues with insurance and can't afford to pay for it out of pocket. Hopefully one day I'll have enough "medical necessity" info in my chart and all will be well. I vary between size 6 and 8, so I'm not complaining too much. Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care and remember I care - even if I'm not around as much as I'd like to be!! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views