I seem to be stuck......

hollywatson
on 6/12/08 11:35 pm - Oil City, PA
I seem to be stuck between 150 and 152.......even after my plastic surgery....I feel great....am in a size 8/10, which is fabulous considering I was in a size 26/28 when I began this journey....my family doctor and surgeon have told me they don't feel I really need to lose anymore, but is this what happens? We just stop? No way of losing that few pounds??? Can you believe I am still considered overweight on the BMI chart?????????? I guess I am just having one of those "feeling sorry for myself" days when in reality I really shouldn't be feeling sorry for myself considering how far I have come in the last 20 months!!!!!!!!! I miss you all.....hope you are doing well!
E velyn
on 6/13/08 4:05 am
Hi Holly! Your pre-op and post op photos with Raven are remarkable! You have absolutely transformed yourself! It's hard to believe that you are "overweight" on the charts, since you wear an 8-10 and look so great! I don't know how the end of the weight loss phase goes - I have kind of stopped at 150-155 myself.(I'm 5'9, and wearing 8-10 too). I'm increasing exercise, staying with good eating habits and seeing what happens. If this is it - I'm happy. If I can lose a bit more, I'd be thrilled. In any case, you look wonderful. Just think what a different experience you will have with Raven, as she grows up seeing you healthy, happy and slim! You are setting a great example for her. Best wishes. Ev
PUDYTAT
on 6/13/08 9:28 pm - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey holly, I know what you mean, stuck that is. Like you I've been at the same weight for a few months now and it's making me nuts. My personal goal weight is 150 and I'm hovering around 160 - 167. I haven't seen my surgeon since feb of last year. The reason? #1. My pcp can follow my progress and labs as well as the surgeon. #2. The trip to the surgeon's office is 5 hrs round trip, that's right 5 hours and w/ the price of gas you can forget it. Especially since he only spends about 5-10 minutes on the visit. The nutritionist never steped foot in the exam room any time i was there, so I speak w/ the dietitician at the hosp. I work at since she's worked w/ bariatric pts. in the past. You're in a size 8/10? Girl, I am so envious, I'm in a 14/16, which by the way is a whole lot better than the 26/28 I was in almost two years ago. Everyone I know asks when I'm going to stop lossing more weight, I tell them they're nuts, haven't lost in a few months. My pcp, who I see almost every day at the hosp called me skinny yesterday, I don't think so. I guess I'll always see the old fat person that I was. Hope everything is well w/ you and and your family. Have a safe, wonderful summer and keep in touch. Donna, sfy
LisaAC
on 6/19/08 2:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Right there with you, Holly! I am two pounds from my original goal and just keep gaining and losing the same three pounds...have been for about ten weeks or so! When I hear someone say that they just can't stop losing weight, I want to scream!!
dawnika
on 10/28/08 7:31 am - Lex., NC
i know what you mean I can not get pass 180 for nothing, I have lost 195 trying to lose 5 more, just not happen been same weight for about 5 months.  Have not gain any weight i guess thats a good thing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views