HELP!!! FRIEND IN SERIOUS TROUBLE FOLLOWING WLS!!!

valjuan16
on 10/9/08 5:46 am - PASADENA, CA
HI OH FAMILY,

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS RNY WLS 5YRS AGO.  SHE RECEIVED HER LABS AND WAS NOTIFIED THAT ALL OF HER LEVELS ARE WAY BELOW WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.  SHE HAS BEEN TO SEVERAL DOCTORS AND WAS ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL A FEW TIMES BUT THEY STILL CAN'T FIND OUT WHY SHE IS LOSING BLOOD & LEVELS WON'T GO UP.  SHE JUST GOT ANOTHER SET OF LAB RESULTS YESTERDAY AND DISPUTE TAKING MORE SUPPLEMENTS PER SCRIBED  BY HER DOCTORS, HE LEVELS WERE DOWN EVEN MORE. HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT I KNOW OF HER LEVELS:

Oh, I asked her what she thought went wrong and she did say that for the past two years she wasn't taking all of her vitamins or enough protein but how can she get her levels back to normal?

Total Iron  13
Iron Sat       3
HCT       25.8
MCV       62.5
Hemoglobin   7.0
All Vitamins are below where they should be
Vitamins B    254
Protein is also low

The doctors feel that she is loosing blood somewhere but they can't find where.  She has had numerous tests and procedures but nothing is working.  She is getting very worried and depressed.  HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?  WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET YOUR LEVELS UP?  I am very worried for my friend and want to be a support to her because she doesn't have any family support..  I had wls 7 months ago and am doing fine.  Please give me any suggestions that I may pass on to her.  I appreciate any help you  can give.

Val
God is good all the time!!

Gastric Bypass Dr. Troy La Mar  03/12/08
Anchor Cut,  Extended Tummy Tuck  Dr. Pearlman D. Hicks 12/17/10
Starting weight 265, Goal Weight 130, Current Weight 145.
nanakoko
on 10/11/08 11:08 am
I really hate to sound like a mother/grandmother but, your friend really SHOULD be talking with her doctor.  When doctors' suspect internal bleeding, they usually will order CT scans or ultra sounds (I know we do in our office). It sounds/looks like she is not doing her part to keep her levels up.  Just by looking at the vitamin/protein levels, anyone could see that she's not doing something right!   Maybe you should question her eating habits - what amount of protein is in her diet?  Why is she not taking her vitamins?  Is there a reason she is not taking them?  I really would suggest that she have a serious office vist with her doctor.  Is she telling you everything?  Or only what she wants you to hear? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views