I'm home from my VSG surgery!!!

lessofme2008
on 10/10/08 4:59 am - IL
OMG I feel fantastic! I was the model patient who did what I was told, got up and walked like I was supposed to, did my breating exercises and recovered very quickly. I was only in the hospital Tue morning til Thur evening. I could have gotten out earlier in the afternoon but the dr got held up in surgery & still had to come remove my drain.

I'm happy to be home! I can go back to work. I haven't been on pain meds since Wed evening before bed. But I do notice I get tired quicker & have to be careful when bending over.....or try to not bend over cuz it hurts.

Thanks for all the prayers & thoughts! I hope everyone else's surgeries go just as great as mine did! I wasn't even nervous at all going in and even walked myself into the OR.

Hugs,
Annie
mewiltom
on 10/10/08 7:57 am - Champaign, IL
 I'm finally home no more picking on me in te mind of the night everything went relly will. I did everything i was suppost to do like walking beathing and finally passing ga thank god lol. jut wante everyone to know that i'm ding great.  i had the RNY and i hope all goes well

I thank god im almost on the other side.

lessofme2008
on 10/10/08 8:16 am - IL

I know! The middle of the night stuff sucked being woke up every 2 hours it seems. Like I had someone come in at 4am to get bloodwork. Give me a break! Did you have the things on your legs that kept them moving so no blood clots could form? Mine went off every 3 freaking seconds! I wanted to scream!

Susan C.
on 10/10/08 9:59 am
Congratulations Annie and Mewilton!

Susan

http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=mullberry" quality="high" width="585" height="360">

Tishi65
on 10/11/08 11:01 am - GA
Now that's what I wanna hear!!!!  Congrats!  I have surgery scheduled forOct 24th and I want to be up and "livin" again ASAP.
BABNRS
on 10/12/08 9:23 am, edited 10/12/08 9:24 am
Congratulations!!!!  I'm so excited that you are both doing so well!  I, too, plan to be a model patient and follow all the rules and just do stupendously!!!  Can't wait to watch 'you losers' progress to your goals!!!

Bye ya'll

God will never give you more than you can handle. Lord, am I close?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views