Surgery coming up on the 23...

swtnsassycwgrl77
on 10/15/08 6:54 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
I feel totally excited about my surgery but as it gets closer I am really stressing out bigtime. I think about the "what if."  I have 3 young children and can't imagine not being here for them if anything goes wrong. I have been positive and excited but now I am the total opposite..  My sister had the ds in march and is fine as can be and I know I will be to but.. yeah you all know.. lol
I am full of anxiety right  and I can't sleep.. Look its almost 2:00 A.M.
Anyways I am venting. I don't know anyone on here and haven't even writen my story yet..lol
azrosebud07
on 10/16/08 4:16 am - Chandler, AZ
You are not alone - I went through the same thing...had finally calmed down with less than a week till surgery - then due to family emergancy had to move my date to 11/11 - now i refuse to get worked up again.  So you basically need to tell your brain to hush and only allow yourself to think the good thoughts otherwise you will continue to lose a lot of sleep.   Doing what I've suggested to you has helped a lot!

Good luck on your surgery - it will go great!
patty37
on 10/17/08 5:25 am - verona, NY
my surgery is scheduled for nov 10,2008 and i know exacly how you feel. i'm a mega ***** lately and i know its the stress and anxiety of waiting foir my surgery and wondering.lol they all say we'll be just fine......good luck.....try not to sweat it.......patty
minniemom09
on 10/18/08 4:52 am - Drexel Hill, PA
It completely hit me today like a punch in the stomach. My surgery is on Monday and this morning I
was so emotional with my husband and squeezing my two little sons. I know in my heart all will be well but my head is a little crazy right now.

I also haven't introduced myself. Just been lurking around. Good luck!!!!

aquarius32
on 10/20/08 10:17 am - houston, TX
FobiPouch on 11/04/08 with
congrats hope all is well .my surgery date is nov.3
heavenscent
on 10/21/08 4:53 am - The Colony, TX
I understand completely!  I haven't let myself show it on the outside, but I have been a ball of nervous energy!  You will be fine.  It's hard not to be nervous, but you have to keep in your mind that everything will be fine!  Find something else to focus on for the next couple of days. 

I know, I know easier said than done!  But it's worth a try! 

Keep us posted!

Dorothy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views