3 days post-op, when will the bloating and pain subside?

sarah Shonfelt
on 10/18/08 8:36 am - Acworth, GA
I don't have much pain, but the gas and bloating seem a bit excessive at times.  I had a friend say it could take a month...omg I sure hope not.  She had the RNY and I had DS so I hope it is not as long.  Any suggestions from anyone post-op with ways to releave the bloating feeling, and not knowing if I am passing gas or pooping...:) Thanks Sarah
LEOBARS234
on 10/19/08 4:01 am - duncansville, PA
I am the same way as you.  I am getting gas x today.  I had mine on the 14th going to have to get more pain meds tomorrow. 

walking helps a lot.  dont eat or drink too much or too fast

I guess it's just time
mrsmommymac
on 10/19/08 11:18 pm
I had RNY on Wednesday (10/15) and knew from after having my c-section two years ago with my son that I'd probably have a ton of air. So I bought ahead of time Gas X dissolvable strips, which seem to be working. Sorry if this is TMI, but I didn't let any gas out for three days after my surgery (after my c-section I was breaking wind almost immediately) which I think is one of the reasons I have been in pain. Good luck!
lessofme2008
on 10/20/08 3:40 am - IL
Gas X Strips are it! They will help alot. I have had to take them a couple times after eating something. I think I walked enough to get al lthe gas out of my tummy right after surgery. I LOVE GAS X though!
Bobbi V.
on 10/21/08 7:03 am
I haven't had surgery yet, but I keep hearing that the bloating and gas is the worst pain!  They told us at our pre-op that you need to walk and get moving in order for the air to move into the intestines to be released.
Joni_Jazz
on 10/23/08 4:24 am - Pflugerville, TX
I had my surgery on Oct. 14th, and experienced the gas and bloating as well until my doctor prescribed me Nexium powder.  You take it one time a day, and it helps with the gas, as well as helps your pouch to heal faster.  It seems to be really working well for me. 
zipchick
on 10/25/08 8:24 am
I had my RNY about 10 days ago and I got rid of my gas by rocking in a rocking chair.  I rocked pretty vigorously and was farting up a storm before I knew it....lol!  Also walking helped but with all of the gas *I* had there was no way I could walk that much!  Good Luck!
zippy

Enter

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1296 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1256 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 922 views