2 Year Medical History

Ashley A.
on 10/20/08 6:13 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Hi, so I have completed all my appts and everything with my actual surgeon. however they won't send any info to my insurance until I get my 2 year medical history turned into them from my family doctor. It has now been 3 months and my doctor still doesn't have them done. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I could do to get my doctor to get these done? I have asked other people and they didn't know so I thought I would ask here and see if anyone had any advice. Thanks so much.  

ZzpitagirlzZ
on 10/20/08 7:57 am - Bx, NY
Hi,
I am sorry to hear your are having trouble with getting your PCP to cooperate
what my surgeon did was give me a sample letter that he wanted my PCP to write for me (addressed to the ins. co) and that included all my weigh-ins at every office visit for the past 3 years, as well as medical conditions, what weight loss attempts were made and results (although my PCP didn't have these documented in my chart from before, but I brought in a copy of my consult with the nutritionist and she took the info from there), etc.  which is basically like my medical history that your surgeon is looking for. but I don't know what you can do to get your doctor to hurry up and hand this stuff over to the surgeon, other than ask nicely, and then ask again, and then just call them every day and keep reminding them how important it is that you get this info ASAP as it is causing a delay in you having your surgery scheduled.
don't give up, hang in there, and just stay on top of it. it is really unusual for your primary care doc to not want to cooperate, I mean I know they are busy, but 3 months seems like a bit too long to accomplish something so simple. JMHO
Farmgirl58
on 10/24/08 3:13 am - AL
Hi, I too am in the initial process of the Lap band procedure, getting all the information needed.  I started on my own acquiring diagnosis from other doctors before even seeing the surgeon for the first time...I had to pay for the service, but it did help.  I would contact the office manager of your physician's office to find out what the status was, I do know it does take time to obtain all the information, think it took about two months or so for the reports I requested.  Good Luck in your endeavors, and success with your surgery.  Sheila B
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views