NEED SOME ADVICE

wlwav
on 10/21/08 1:04 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Everyone,
  I want you guys to help me out for a minute. My work is giving out free flu shots to employees, I wanted to know if you think I should get one and has anyone else ever gotten one? Since my surgery in July of 2004 I have been sick only twice and it lasted maybe 2 days the most. My surgeon had told me way back when that we would be more susceptible to getting sick since surgery but I think he was wrong. Like I said I have only had a cold 2 times since surgery and it wasn't even a full-blown cold. It was gone within 2 days, So what do you think? Should I be safe rather then sorry???? Thanks for your opinions, I can always count on you guys!!!!!
Susan C.
on 10/21/08 1:09 am
I didn't get mine last year and I got very very sick with the flu.  I will be getting one this year!

susan

http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=mullberry" quality="high" width="585" height="360">

CanadaGoose
on 10/21/08 1:32 am - white lake, Canada
HI,

I haven't had my surgery yet, am scheduled for late December.
Not getting a flu shot just sounds funny from here. I get flu like symptoms or colds every 7-10 days. Couldn't live without it.

:-]

cheers
AndreaC
on 10/21/08 2:11 am - NJ
With so many strains of the flu, one injection can only offer minimal protection.  I'm an RN doing Community Health and should get one.  But each year about this time I choose not to have it.  Luckily, I have not gotten ill.  My RNY was 4/30/08 and I have been cold/flu-free.    Do you have an internist/GP?  Perhaps ask them.  Good luck and be healthy.
wlwav
on 10/23/08 12:47 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Thanks for the responses to my posts. Well I guess I am just gonna get the flu shot. It can't hurt right? But if I get sick.....lol only kidding. well take care everyone and thanks again.
jamiegirl34
on 10/23/08 4:04 am
Gus,

Listen to your own common sense. Don't get the flu shot! Do you really think it can't hurt? From a strictly medical standpoint, it only protects against one particular strain of flu. Here is something very very interesting to think about. Each year, they have to pick one strain that they think will be prevalent that year. Now, how on earth can they know what strain will be most common? Either they have a chrystal ball into which they gaze or there is another agenda out there. Have you ever thought of how much money is generated by selling these vaccines? Even if YOU got it for free, someone had to pay to purchase the vaccination.  It's all big business, big money. Also, that's if that vaccine is even harmless. I don't trust them at all. Oops, now how did that other type of virus get in there.... I'm never taken a flut shot in my life, and it's been many years since I caught the flu. Let your immune system work for you. People are not health-conscious any longer--only medical conscious. I did a Google search for flu vaccines and found some interesting results. Has anyone heard of Hyperwear? I'm not sure why Google brought it up because it's some sort of exercise vest. http://www.hyperwear.com
There should be a fitness article if you use the search feature on the site that talks about the flu vaccinations and the dangers. Anyway, to summarize, don't do it. By the way, have you ever noticed how if a parent doesn't want to get a flu shot for their children, then they are horrible? Everything is for the children....

Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the flu shots.

Thanks,
Jamie
shenoyes
on 10/29/08 5:52 am - Richmond, VA
Please do get a flu shot. I worked for the CDC Natl. Immunization Hotline for many years. The shot is comprised to protect against  3 different strains of flu that are calculated to be the most likely to be out there. Even if you catch a different strain, it will help reduce complications. It couldn't hurt.
Every year over 30,000 Americans die of  flu and it's complications. I lost 2 friends.
Please protect yourself and others.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1296 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1256 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 922 views