Happy Halloween Surgery Date?

HelpMeRhonda
on 10/23/08 6:52 am - Lewiston, NY

Well, Halloween is my big day for getting my lap band.  I was just wondering if anyone out there is having the same surgery on the same day.  I'm getting nervous and excited and I'm very hopeful that this is the right tool for me.  I'd love to find someone to share the experience with.  My husband has never had a weight issue and doesn't understand why I'm doing this, although he has promised to support my efforts. 

I think we all need as much support as we can get, so if you'd like to share your thoughts and experiences, I'd be grateful.

Have a great day everyone!

NGray
on 10/24/08 1:44 am
I too am having surgery on Halloween day. I just started my pre-op liquid phase and I am excted and nervous because I have never had any major surgery before!  Did you have or are you in your preop liquid phase? Do you have any suggestions as far as alleviating hunger? I know I just started, but I'm already obsessing about the carbs that I can't eat! My Dr. said not to worry too much  because everybody cheats, but to make sure that I look for a protein source if I really feel the need to eat something solid! Anyway, I was just curious as to how you are coping.
Victoria115
on 10/24/08 4:43 am
HelpMeRhonda, I am in same boat. I am actually having it on the 28th, 3 days before you. My husband feels the same way- he doesn't 'get' , but he supports me. Like you, I am nervous and excited. Looking over everyone's success stories and past posts is pretty inspiring.

I'm doing the pre-op diet now- torture- 10 days of liquids. Does your doc require this too?

Banded 10/28/08

Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around

HelpMeRhonda
on 10/24/08 7:24 am - Lewiston, NY

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response.  I was given 2 different liver reduction diets.  First I had the liquid protein diet with some added foods like ff pudding, unsweetened applesauce etc.  The problem is I hate milk and that diet called for milk to be used with the protein powder.  Then the doc's office sent me a food based liver reduction diet that really is a lot simpler to follow.  I'm hungry, but not going crazy.  Starting Monday I'm going to do the liquid diet just so I can get used to it, since I'll be on liquids for a couple of weeks after surgery.

I hope you have an easier time of it as the big day approaches. 

Rhonda

Victoria115
on 10/24/08 12:30 pm
You lucky thing, food based liver reduction diet! I am jealous! Although I am sure thats incredibly difficult as well. Wishing you the best of luck! Feel free to message me if you need someone to compare notes with, post op =)
Banded 10/28/08

Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views