Leaving now

Tishi65
on 10/23/08 11:37 pm - GA
Hey everyone

I am getting ready to leave for the hospital in a few minutes.....  Scared, Excited.... Ready to take my body back.  Ya'll please say a prayer for me.....

Here we go...

The only thing constant,...     is  change!
emily M.
on 10/24/08 7:38 am - Ogden, UT

Good Luck ... ! And congrats let me know how it went , You will be just fine !

cheshirechat
on 10/27/08 10:53 am
RNY on 10/24/08 with
Hope your surgery went well.  Mine went great.  Some pain now when I walk and a numb tongue but other then that I feel much better now that I'm home.

Good Luck to you!!!

Cheshirechat

Tishi65
on 10/28/08 3:04 am - GA
Hey there,

I got home yesterday and am feeling really good to..  Just sore near stitiches and the port site. Slept well last night for the first time and am only on u over the counter pain meds now.  The only "issue" I have is that they pumped me so full of fluids I gained almost 20 lbs from Friday morning (admission) to yesterday when I got home.  ARGHHH.   I was able to take a water pill when I got home though and have lost 12 lbs already....

What are you eating?  I have only had some jello so far.  No real desire to eat but I know that I have to.....
cheshirechat
on 11/4/08 9:20 am
RNY on 10/24/08 with
Hi.  Sorry, I just saw your reply.  I went to the Dr. today to get my drain removed, thank goodness!!!  I was not feeling too good with the drain, it was very irritating but I feel so much more free with it gone.  I lost 17 pounds since the surgery, I couldn't believe it.

Eating is hard when you are not hungry and nothing sounds good.  I am having a problem with breakfast; I don't know what to eat.  What are you eating?  I have had low carb sugarfree yogurt, an egg or protein shake for breakfast but I would like to find other things.  I would love some cream of wheat but I am on no/low carbs and I have to get in 60 grams of protein (which is impossible at this point) but it's hard to find things that don't have too many carbs.  For lunch/dinner I have had tuna, chicken, cheese, crab, egg but I'm getting bored.  I can start solids on Friday.

Cheshirechat

Tishi65
on 11/4/08 10:04 pm - GA
WOW..  I got my drain taken out before I left the hospital. I can't imagine going home with that thing.  I think it hurt worse than the stitches. 

I really don't eat  much for breakfast.  I usually do the Adkins ready to serve protein drink cut with skim milk in the morning and then whatever I can think of for lunch.  Yesterday it was just a piece of lunch meat. I ate a couple of shrimp one day this week from the Japanese rest. my friends drug me to.  All I kept thinkin was it was a waste of money lol...  I really want grits or potatos for some reason but have been very strong and not given in.  I made a deal with myself that after I ate the protein if I was still carving I may make a little portion but so far I have not wanted it.

I'm like you, I really do not care about eating too much right now...Trying to just stay pure protein and drinkin lots of water.  I started the bariatric multi vitamin Monday after my follow up appt and will say that I feel better/more energy. 

Good luck.  Keep in touch.

The only thing constant,...     is  change!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1296 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1256 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 922 views