SEARCHING FOR BIATRIC SUPPORT GROUPS IN ALABAMA

Farmgirl58
on 10/24/08 3:28 am - AL

Hello, I am interested in finding a support group of folks who have had lap band and other type bairatic surgery...I am still in the initial stages of getting information for my surgeon, whom I saw yesterday in Mobile....trying to get all my ducks in a row...any help would be great as I live alone, have two friends who are positive about me having the lap band done, but have negative remarks from my mother and another friend.  I need lots of support to help me through all the tough times.  I live in Butler, Al, but work in Meridian, Ms, 45 miles up the road.  IF anyone knows of a support group I can get involved with, please contact me.  Thank you...Sheila B

EJFROG2006
on 10/25/08 11:58 pm - AL
Hi Shelia B. I am Ellen From Cleveland Al. My husband is from Butler,Al. I talk on the OH Bama Board. Come join us there. We have a great group of people. Some have had band some have had other WLS. We don't care, just jump on in and talk to us. We will give you lots of support, because we have been where you are at. Waiting. I had my WLS in May 2007, lost 102 lbs. wear a size 6 pants NOW!!!  not 26! We understand why you want WLS, to be Healthy again, to walk, to tie your shoes, just to live longer. See You on the Bama Board!!! Ellen Johnson( Froggy)

weeds.gif picture by firefly58

Farmgirl58
on 10/27/08 8:55 am - AL
Hello Ellen, thank you for responding to my inquiry for a support group near Butler, not sure where CLeveland Al is, but I do need to know how do I get on the bama board?  I have been on the chat room site of OH, but not sure how to get on the alabama one....
Thank you...would love to join in conversation.   Sheila  (Farmgirl58)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views