Need Support and friends post op the realize band.

wattsup_yall
on 10/26/08 12:39 pm - Burleson, TX
I am trying to find some online friends post op of the realize band. I was banded in Tijuana and now I feel like I am going through this with no support. I had my procedure 10/17/08 and I am starving. What am I doing wrong. Is there something we can eat to take away some of the hunger pain?  I just would like to be able to talk to someone that I know understands what I am going through.
thank anyone that will give me a shout.
Brenda

lessofmein09

alulu2
on 11/3/08 5:26 am
I had the lap band done on October 17th as well, does it help to eat protein?  I went throught a day or 2 of starving, but then it got better.  How mch weight have you lost? Thanks
wattsup_yall
on 11/3/08 6:42 am - Burleson, TX
Hi and thanks for contacting me. I did make it through the worst I believe but I still have bad cravings for some of my favorite foods. My one big problem now is I am and always have been a big drinker (tea and water) and I catch myself grabbing a bottle of water and nearly downing it between my meals. I have tried to ask if this is a bad thing like stretching out the little pouch but have not found out anything yet. To date I have lost 14 lbs post surgery. I am looking to loose 100 more so it will be a long but worth it trip. I had tuna for lunch today and it was wonderful. Good luck to you and maybe we can be some support for each other.
How are you doing on your weight?
Brenda

lessofmein09

alulu2
on 11/3/08 7:26 am
I asked my nurse about the drinking and she said it goes right through the band, but at a little slower rate, so drink what I felt I could handle, and I havent had much problems.  I am a little worried I am eating too much, but I dont feel bad or like I have anything stuck.  I have lost 12lbs. and have 75 to reach my goal.  It is nice to talk to someone who is right where I am.  Sounds like you are doing great!  Do you feel like you have a lot of restricion?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views