Verticle Sleeve Gastrectomy - Post Op 2 Weeks

t2nashville
on 10/28/08 6:24 am
Hi everyone! I'm Tammy, new to the Forum, and I had a VSG on October 13, 2008. Would love to chat with anyone else who has had this procedure. Thanks so much!

moore513tx
on 11/8/08 7:27 am
Hi Tammy!

I just had my VSG on October 28, 2008. How has it gone for you? One thing I've found surprising is that I am really hungry and didn't expect to be. Have you experienced hunger? Thanks! Linda
t2nashville
on 11/8/08 9:12 am

No, I haven't been hungry - but have fought head hunger a little. My stomach hasn't growled at all - just trying to overcome bad habits like wanting something to munch on when I watch TV at night. I'm not really hungry - just my head thinking I am!

I've done really well - 21 pounds gone, 1 size down in my clothes. My surgeon and nutritionist really have me focusing on protein, which is probably another reason why I'm not hungry. I've also surprised myself with my exercise. I never thought I could be consistent, but it appears that I can be. 30 minutes every day.

Here's another thing that's helped keep me focused - have you been to The Daily Plate.com? It keeps track of everything you eat during the day, and my eyes were really opened! It's been my best tool this week since I joined.

Feel free to write anytime. I enjoy comparing notes with someone who had surgery about the same time I did. I'm not competitive, but it helps to see what others are going through. Good luck to you!

MOONZMONA
on 1/27/09 4:25 pm
Hi, I had my surgery on october3rd 2008 and i've only lost 44 pounds. I do feel hungry all the time but when I sit down to eat, I only eat a few bites. I love soy nuts. They are good for snacking.
MOONZMONA
on 1/27/09 4:27 pm

I had VSG on October 3rd 2008. I've lost 44 pounds and I also do feel very hungry. I do sit on the table and eat when I'm hungry but only a bite or two. I like sncking on soy nuts. It's healthy and good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views