X Post 1 Week Post Op

CaymanMaven
on 10/28/08 8:50 am - Coconut Grove, FL
Hey, fellow sleevers!

Have been laying low, not as peppy as some others that were done last week ("Had sleeve this morning, off to prom tonight!" I think I saw that... HA)

Healing slowly, still having pain, mostly in one area (lower right- feels like a hot poker), but moving. Today was the first day I could bathe/shampoo by myself and then went for a walk, my entire block and back. Beautiful  here in Miami today, just couldn't stay in.

I had some "extra" work done in there, there was a tumor in my stomach and some liver problems we are still waiting on the biopsy reports.

BUT
All in all, I think I am doing great. Down to only 1 nap per day and 1-2 pain pills a day. I found using a cane is a great idea for balance, and in/out of bed. So if you are pre-op, go digging in Grandma's closet.

I have never had 1 bit of nausea, or GERD (I am on Protonix since pre-op). Liquids slip down in fairly normal amounts, mushies: easy peasy! I had a 40 Bougie. Getting down all my protein and more. Have lost 12 lbs, but know most of that is water. DH keeps telling me how skinny my face looks, not what I'm going for, LOL!

My blood sugars went whacko in the hospital and I had to be put on insulin which freaked me. Came home on small Amaryl dose, Blood sugars around 150-200 now. Doc says give everything a chance to settle.

I have started Shell's ****tail today...

I went to the hospital with 2 giant packs of Gas X and took ONE chewable on day 3. That was it.

I AM HUNGRY!! I hope this will go away, cause this is not head hunger, I am starving, LOL!

I want to send out a special thanks to my precious angel Blue Skies, she is spectacular!!! And to all of you that sent prayers and wishes, they were felt. Thank you so much.

Dr. Gagner is magnificent of course, as is Genevieve his PA. I don't have to see him for 2 more weeks and left the hospital on mushies.

The hospital was disgusting. TMI. I will be writing one of my famous letters now that I am feeling better...

Let the journey begin!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 921 views