Hair loss concerns after lap band

denisevs
on 10/29/08 10:38 pm
I was told that I needed to have 65 grams of protein per day to avoid hair loss. I am getting that in but 3.5 months post lap band, it seems as if I am losing quite a bit of hair.  I have plenty, but at this rate, that might become an issue later.  I have heard that rapid weight loss often results in hair loss and that Biotin is a good thing to supplement that - what are your thoughts.

Thanks
Latinkissparati
on 10/30/08 1:46 am
Hi Denise,

I have not had the surgery yet, but after my divorce I lost tons of hair and the doctor told me it was stress.  Since I got serious about getting the surgery I began to take vitimins, calcium, omega 3 and I added bioting to my regimen, I started getting my hair back.  I notice everyday how much better my hair is especially since I began taking the bioting, my hair is thicker, stronger and is growing faster.  I also use the Nioxin shampoo and coditioner, they usually sale them int he beauty supply store.  If you were to see my hair, you will think I have no hair loss problem, however my hair used to be so think I could not  I needed a big rubber band to hold it.  I am very happy with the results of the biotin my doctor had told me a few months ago to start taking them and I did.  Also  a co-worker that had cancer told me that her doctor told her to take biotin everyday so that she can get her back and she did and is so much thicker than before.  Have patience, keep taking the biotin (but the high dosage)  I also hear that spraing Monoxinil on your scalp helps a lot.  Another friend of mine that had the lap band done swears by it.  Just try different things, my nutritionist tells me that after the surgery if you loose hair, it does come back if you take the right amount of protein, vitamins and of course the biotin.

Don't worry enjoy your weight loss (I can't wait to get mine).  Oh by the way why did you go with the lap band?

Maria
denisevs
on 10/30/08 2:15 am
Lap band was the best solution for me. Less invasive, quick recovery and able to pace myself in my weight loss.  There are some serious concerns with Gastric Bypass that I just did not feel the need to take.  I have no regrets.
puterjester
on 10/30/08 2:51 am
This is the first time in years that i have been on this site.... I take Biotin 2500 every day it has been 4 years.  I really did see a improvement, therefore I keep taking it.  My hair was very thin, now it is a bit thicker, and it has a bit more body to it.  The protein is very very important. I lost 105 and am at goal for the last 3 years.  Good luck.
gotarts
on 10/31/08 2:48 am - pikeville, KY
hi everyone
could you tell me where to get the biotin at thanks to all
tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1294 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1255 views
Join us in 2010