post-op 4 days

looser4life
on 11/1/08 8:48 am - TX
I am suprised to see so many early post ops saying how good they feel. I am still taking my pain meds religiously and it hurts to move and walk my left side is the worst!!  Am i just being a big baby or does it take some people more time to get feeling better?
mmass
on 11/1/08 11:16 am

I had surgery on Tuesday 10/28 and today is the first day that I didn't take any pain meds.  The gas pains have eased up as well, but I have not had a bowel movement yet.  So far I can't complain.  The day of surgery was the worst for me.  Other than that I have been getting better each day.

looser4life
on 11/2/08 2:28 am - TX
Thank you so much. I am glad im not the only one. and YES the day of surgery I was in so much pain I didnt know what to do. I never imagined it would be so painful.
ec0576
on 11/1/08 3:38 pm - NJ
I had surgery on 10/23 and I am still in a lot of discomfort.  Everything is uncomfortable and I rely on my pain medication.  Remember we had surgery...and it's going to be awhile before we feel 100%.  Hang in there!
looser4life
on 11/2/08 2:30 am - TX
im sorry you still hurt but misery does love company   so thank you for your support.
wednesday02
on 11/1/08 10:12 pm - Sanger, TX
I'm on week 2 of post op and I still have considerable pain in my left side.  It's just the muscle tissue.  Went i went in for my follow up, they said that some people can have pain or twinges for up to a month. 

Just kind of watch what kind of activities you are participating in.  No twisting your torso - which I have been guilty of doing ;)

Hope this helps :)

looser4life
on 11/2/08 2:33 am - TX
Thanks for the advice. I know they fixed a hernia while they were in there as well. It is my left side giving me so much pain. I havebeen trying to not twist my body very much because that sends a pulling straining pain all over my abdomen! I go in tuesday for my 1 wk post op. so maybe some staples will get to come out.
Jody ***
on 11/6/08 12:38 am, edited 11/6/08 12:40 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
My surgery was 10/21 and I have a little bit of soreness on my left side, but nothing like it was!  My problem was, about a week after surgery, I had one day of about 12 sneezes.  MAN - did that HURT!!  I could feel it come on and would hold my stomach and try to get through it.  I was able to keep a few at bay, but I felt as though I was tearing something when I did.  Because of me trying to "modify" my sneezes, I think I pulled a muscle in my upper back - now I'm dealing with that - it feels like I've got an ice pick in there.  I can't have any anti-inflammatories and it wakes me up 2-3 times a night.  I went to the chiropractor and he said I have a soft tissue issue.  So I bought some icy-hot and am using ice packs... I'll get through it... 

Ken Currin
on 11/14/08 10:17 am - South Hill, VA
Don't want to sound bad, but I had OPEN surgery on Monday 10/27, came home on that Thursday and went back to work (light duty) on Monday. I figured I could set and home and recoup or be at the office. I walked 1.1 miles on that Monday but have not walked since. I need to get some exercise but just do not take the time.

If you feel up to it, try doing stuff instead of sitting around. I get stiff and hurt when I sit.

Anyway, hope you start to feel better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1293 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1254 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 920 views