4 days post-op

shymomma
on 11/3/08 9:34 am
It has been tough, not gonna lie. I had 12 hours of vomiting in the hospital that could not be controlled with any meds or nausea patches. I figured out on my own it was the Morphine pump and the nurses would not listen to me so I unplugged it. I only vomited 2 more times and finally could keep water down. My glucose levels were high (I am not a diabetic) so I was given insulin shots several times until my levels were normal. I still have lots of pain but I think all the vomiting made me extra sore. I can't sleep lying done, have to sit up or acid comes up and I gag and cough which hurts.
***NO regrets, I am glad it is done!****** I just hope I feel better soon! I am not trying to scare anyone, just want you to know if you suspect the med pump is making you sick, make the nurses listen!!  You know your body more than they do. Two of my nurses were not very nice and would not help me. I layed in wet sheets for awhile and finally asked them to change my bed. I had unpluggd the pain pump so I was hurting bad.They acted all put out. I have never been treated like that in any hospital ever.
Again, not trying to be negative, just needed to vent. I know it will all be worth it in the end.
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
yolybypass
on 11/4/08 6:43 am - NY
RNY on 01/13/09 with
That sucks!! I am so sorry you went thru that.  I know not all hospitals are the same and sounds like you got some crappy nurses.

Just think you were smart enough to listen to your body and resolve your issue.  I know you will feel better soon. 

Wishing you healthier days!!

Yoly
Tishi65
on 11/4/08 10:38 pm - GA
All this will pass and you will feel soooo much better.  Just hang in there.

The only thing constant,...     is  change!
lbell1960
on 11/5/08 9:33 am
Hi Shymomma,
I was jus curious what hospital you were in? I was at Rose and it was one of the best stays I ever had. The nurses could not have been nicer and took care of my every whim. I also was afraid of the morphine, as I have had bad expeirence before with it and even though I requested something different, my surgeon would not agree. They did give me something to combat it however and I was fine.

I am now going my second week and it has gotten better except the diet is getting really tiring. Hope things are getting better for you rather quickly, each day will be better.

:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1293 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1254 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 920 views