Oct 2008 Surgery buddies..how are you doing??!!

Renee3846
on 3/25/09 1:23 am
How are my October 2008 surgery buddies doing now that we are 5 months post-op? I am feeling so unbelievably great these days! I love my sleeve and how it has changed my life. I have lost since surgery 70 lbs.  and 83 since my high in 8/2008 and no longer on diabetes meds and have since reduced my hypertension medication! I recently started water aerobics and after the shock of exercise wore off, I am loving that too! I hope you all are doing great too!

Take care,
Renee'
Renee'

Thankful for another chance to get it right!
High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
updated: 1/9/11   
Tennille81
on 3/27/09 10:51 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Renee!

I'm doing great. I've lost 76lbs and am halfway to where I want to be in 5 months. I've got killer energy and people have to remind me to rest! I love it. I'm like the energizer bunny! Life is pretty beautiful right now, even when the **** hits the fan things still seem so much better. I'm glad youre doing so well!

Love,

Tennille
Tennille :)

Start: 303/Surgery:295/Today:213/Goal:153
Renee3846
on 3/27/09 12:28 pm
Wow you are doing awesome Tennille..CONGRATS!! I agree about the stuff hitting the fan, easier to deal with these days lol! Keep up the hard work, life is good

Renee'
Renee'

High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
teeblue
on 3/30/09 2:33 pm, edited 3/30/09 2:34 pm - beaumont, TX

Hi Renee, I had surgery on the 30, I have lost 85 lbs,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  h/s/c/g        

300/270/186/150                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Jennifer K.
on 6/9/09 1:46 am - Terrell, TX
we are surgery twins and YOU LIVE IN TX TOO!! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

MultiMom
on 4/1/09 3:35 am - NH
Hi Renee,

I am doing great! I have lost 66 lbs since surgery and a total of 106 since last August. I never thought that I would reach my goal in such a short time. I will be discussing with my Dr next month exactly where my weight should be. I am 5' 4 1/2" and now a size 6 (that floors me!!).

Congratulations on your success and better health!!

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Renee3846
on 4/2/09 2:11 am
Congrats to all of you..WOW! Everyone is doing soooo well, keep up the awesome losses and cheers to all...we deserve it!!!!
Renee'

High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
nursldyjen
on 4/4/09 5:13 pm - Millbrook, NY

Hi to all the October 2008 surgery pals. I am searching through the site tonight trying to join some groups and ask some questions. I agree about the energy. In only this short amount of time I cannot believe all the weight loss 110 lbs. I still have to tell myself to eat. I have given away bags and bags of clothes. I finally have gotten over the nightmare of wondering if I will wake up fat in the morning. My husband who loved me "fluffy" is OK with the new me. The hair loss is making me crazy though. I have been taking biotin since 6 months pre surgery and still take it now does not seem to help at all. I still drink a lot of isopure, gets me through my day. No red meats, afraid to eat salad, eggs do not agree with me and I love them and miss them. Breakfast was my favorite meal. Thinking I will have the inner thigh trouble. So much flabby loose skin. How are the rest of you doing in all these ares???
Cant wait to hear from you jennifer

See me in Jan OH page 11, 2010
I am celebrating my 3rd surgiversary today
I have maintained a 135-140 frame from 315# my highest, 200# lost, Gone Baby, Gone

David Ober
on 4/14/09 7:36 am - Riverside, CA

Had VSG on October 8th, and I have lost a total of 84 pounds so far!! Woohoo!!!!

Feel absolutely fantastic, and have ZERO complications or problems (other than gallstones and having to have my gallbladder removed in a couple weeks).

I eat pretty much whatever I want and have no sensitivities or issues. I just eat small portions, fill up easitly, and am rarely, if ever hungry.

This surgery is a miracle, and I tell everyone I know about it....

L. Rios
on 4/18/09 10:26 pm - Springfield, MO
I had surgery on October 7th, I've lost 108 lbs.  Never happier! ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1292 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1254 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 920 views