Just got my date yesterday...October 13th!!!

K. kgbb
on 10/1/09 2:55 am
 I went to my pre-op class yesterday (9/30/09) and was there from 7am till 3.30pm and what a long day full of tons of info!!  
At the end of the day, they drew our names randomly as to who got the earliest surgery date and I was picked first!
I was planning on scheduling a date around mid-November so I can get things straight at work and mentally prepare myself for it all....now I have less than 2 weeks and I have to go on the liquid protein diet and buy vitamins and I'm overwhelmed!
There are a million different brands of vitamins and powders and I'm so confused as to what I should get!
If anyone can tell me what they bought, (in the cheaper range!) I'd really appreciate it!  I know there are all sorts of really expensive brands, but I don't have the money to pay $150 for a big can of protein powder (Isopure!)
If there are things I can buy at Wal-Mart or GNC that would be cheaper, please tell me what you use!
Thanks so much for your help!
Krystal

Guy G.
on 10/1/09 6:53 am
Congrats on you surgery date.  Mine is the same day.  Look forward to hearing about your successful weight loss after surgery.  Goodluck

Sunflower143
on 10/2/09 2:12 am
Hey Krystal,
Wow, that is crazy that they pull names from a hat, what luck you have getting the earliest date! Congrats to you, my surgery date is Oct 13th as well. I recently got my products at GNC and although they products are not cheap I do not think there is any alternative. I do know that you can sign up for one of there membership cards and each month they have products that are buy one get one 1/2 off. I was also told you can go online at bariatric advantage .com and buy samples I am not sure how there prices are.
Good luck,
KIm
K. kgbb
on 10/2/09 6:57 am
 Thanks!  I do know you can buy the B12 sublingual (under the tongue) dissolveable things at wal mart and they're supposed to be only a few dollars for 100, so I'm going to check there for them.
Rhonda S.
on 10/2/09 11:26 am - Leavenworth, KS
Congratulations on the date and welcome to the Oct. 13th club!

I went to Walmart and got enough proteins and clear liquids to last me a month for $75 and that included a six pack of fruit punch whey protein shots (umm, and they go down real smooth) and a shaker to mix the shakes. So far I found the Cookies & Cream and the Vanilla to be the best. I couldn't choke down the Strawberry too well. But I got Beef & Chicken bullion cubes, 2 flats of SF Jello, a large box of SF popcycles and 3 boxes of SF drink mixes (the kind you just pour in a bottle of water) not too bad. I hope this helps you a bit.

Good luck and I look forward to your progress!

Rhonda(vitamins & protein shakes)

Life is not about finding yourself...it's about creating yourself!  

HW-314 GW-160
19 lbs lost Pre Op     
K. kgbb
on 10/2/09 3:20 pm
 Hi!  I went tonight and bought the B-12 dots for $4 for 100 and I found the Calcium Citrate but they're HUGE and not chewable, but I got them anyway and I guess I'll have to crush them after my surgery.  They had the calcium carbonate in chewable though (figures).
What multi-vitamin does everyone take?  I keep  thinking there's another one I'm forgetting.
I bought 7 boxes of Slim Fast for my liquid protein diet before surgery and I went ahead and bought one of the huge jugs of whey protein powder...figured I might as well start stocking up since I just got paid!  I'm just coming up with a blank when I try to think of what else I need to get!
I think I'm just overwhelmed and I didn't expect to get my surgery date so soon...  At the class, they tell you all about the vitamins you HAVE to take and it makes you feel like you'll die if you don't take exactly what they say, but I KNOW there has to be different ones people use.  If anyone can tell me what they're eating, that will give me an idea what to buy too.  
I definitely think I'll buy some SF jello.  I don't know what kind of protein drinks I'm supposed to do the first week or so.  Can we drink the powdered stuff, like vanilla flavored,etc.?
I checked into the Isopure they suggested at the hospital and it's like $50+ for a 6 pack!!!
No way will I be drinking that!
Help!
MrsSmith50009
on 10/3/09 1:34 am
congrats on the Oct 13 date... I'm on that date too!

I got mine at a local store here - they were having a grand opening sale, so it was buy two protein mixes and get one free.  Plus, we regularly have a 25% off discount as part of the surgery support group. 

When I went to the orientation session, they gave us a whole list of protein supplement suggestions in all price ranges.
Most Active
Recent Topics