October 6th date-start my total liquid 10/2!!

Amanda S.
on 10/1/09 3:05 pm - OK
Okay so I know i need to just get used to the idea but it's kinda crazy to think this will be my new way of life for a while!  Well I'm getting more and more excited and a bit more nervous.  Just 4 more days now!!  WOOHOO!!  So I thought I'd finally post something to tell everyone good luck on your surgery dates too!  I just can't wait to finally have this behind me and be on the loosing end for once!    I think I'm still in denial about what's about to happen.  Is anyone else still thinking it's not really going to work for me or am I the only crazy to think that!?!?!?!  Well I'll just say I'll believe it when it start to fall off and stay off!!!! 
Sunflower143
on 10/2/09 2:08 am
I am with you Mandy Sue,
My surgery date is Oct 13th and I am starting to have all of these crazy thoughts. What if it doesnt work? What if I go through all of this and gain the weight back? Should I really do this? I am getting very anxious and nervous but I kniow I am making the right decision. I am also nervous about my recovery because I have a 14month old who is running around everywhere.
How long did your Dr put you on the liqued diet for? What does the diet entail? I meet with my Dr on Monday.
Good Luck , thanks,
Kim
Amanda S.
on 10/2/09 9:53 am - OK
I feel the exact same way so I'm glad I'm not alone!  I totally understand about chasing kids around because I have one that just turned 3 and a 5 1/2 year old so I just hope I never forget during the first 6 weeks post op and try to help them in the car or pick them up and not think about it and herniate my stomach!  We aren't suposed to lift anything over 10lbs which a gallon of milk is 8lbs!  So it's not much.  That totally freaked me out when they said that!  I was like great one more thing to worry about afterwards but I'm with you with knowing everything, I know I'm still making the right decision!  :)  My dr has me starting on the liquid diet for 4 days before my surgery and it's the same diet I'll do for 2 weeks after surgery.  It's total clear liquids like jello, crystal light, sugar free popsicles with no sugar alcohols or I just make my own and the only non clear liquid I can have is my protein drinks with skim milk.  I only have 1 appt left and that's with the anesthesiologist on Monday the day before my surgery!  We'll have to keep in touch.  I'll be thinking of you for your surgery too!  I'll try to get on and post as soon as I get home but since I don't know how I'll feel I'll for sure say I'll do it within that week.  :)  Good luck to you too!
Mandy
Dutchgirl62
on 10/3/09 1:32 pm - Steger, IL
Mandy

My surgery is Oct 6th and my stupid doctor has us on 14 days of liquid diet - 7 days on protein drinks and 7 days on this god awful stuff Isopure and only water - the protein drinks phase went fine and I'm on day 4 of the isopure and feeling lousy and my stomach is in a total uproar....I had to have some soup twice as I was feeling lethargic and lightheaded.  Last night - my stomach was cramping and my back felt like it was on fire - I had some chicken broth and it immediately settled down....today same thing happened around 2PM this afternoon while I was out running errands and again I had to stop and get some soup because I was feeling very nautious....my stomach is still in an uproar...why do they make us do these crazy things and then we don't get to eat real food until the fourth week after surgery - what did your doctor tell you?   I'm really really struggling here with following dr. orders - I want to do what's right but I'm feeling absolutely terrible....

Need a good shoulder to cry on right now - I'm second guessing have this surgery if this is the way its going to feel for a whole month post op....

Michele :)
 Dutchgirl

Most Active
Recent Topics