Got *The Date* ... and anxious!! (Oct 20)

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/09 2:19 am, edited 10/8/09 2:20 am - Pensacola, FL
I've been trying for the past year to get this ... had some minor health issues to clear up first .. had to do 6 months of medical surpervision, etc.

So I was really surprised when the doc's office called just a few days ago and said POOF, it's all set, here's your date.

I change my mind from one minute to the next, BUT in the end, I know I'll be there with all the positive energy I can muster.

I just wish that it all wasn't so scary (had a very bad hospital experience in 2004, neglected & abused).

*edited to fix typo*

shamback
on 10/8/09 3:06 pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
That's my date too!!! Sorry to hear you had a bad hospital experience.
Good Luck & I hope all goes well for you!!

Pat P.
on 10/9/09 6:17 am - Council Bluffs, IA
Congratulations! That is my date as well.  I just had my preop physical, upper GI, EKG, CXR, labs and anesthesia workup today.  While talking to my surgeon, he said he would be concerned if I wasn't scared.  I think this is a normal response for us, we want it, we don't , we do, we're not sure.  I, like you, will be ready and anxious to begin the next chapter.  Keep in touch.  It will be fun to watch our progress.

Pat
Patty Ann      
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 1:13 pm - Pensacola, FL
**HUGS!**

Thanks for all the kindness !  I did end up a little teary-eyed last night with worry, but it passed quickly. 

I think part of it was months and months of nothing, then BOOM, everything happens at once.  It's a little hard to suddenly shift mental gears like that.

Fasting starts tomorrow, so we went out for a "Last Supper" tonight ... sushi paradise!!

Still feeling hesitant, but getting sooooo much positive feedback from folks, it's starting to look better.

:)
Sharon S.
on 10/19/09 11:44 am
Tomorrow is my date too (10/20).  Excited, but nervous.  Last minute jitters I think.  Good luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 3:08 pm - Pensacola, FL
Oh wow, Good Luck to you and everyone else on The Day!

I have about 4 hours til we leave for the hospital (in town, thankfully, but we have to be there 2.5 hours early), and I can't sleep!  Just about to repack everything for the 4th time

*HUGS* for all the 10-20's ... we can do this!!!

~~Paige
Most Active
Recent Topics