Feelings Before Surgery

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/09 3:26 am - Richardson, TX
Part of me is a tiny bit scared that this won't work.  I know in my heart that it will but when you've failed at every other weight loss program it's hard to overcome those thoughts.   

What is everyone doing to get yourself into the right frame of mind before surgery? 
heidig
on 10/8/09 11:00 am
I know what you mean.  I think to myself all the time....."I've kept weight off for periods of two years or more before....why do I think this will work, and why did I fail then?"

The only thing that saves me from myself this time is that I know the statistics have not been in my favor.  Isn't is something like 90% (or more) people gain back ALL their weight  (often more) going more traditional routes?   With the surgery, our odds are much much better.  I'm hoping that my body will begin to work with me instead of against.

I don't know if I am in the right frame of mind or not....but I do know I'm ready.

Monday Morning here I come!!

Heidi
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/09 11:43 am - Richardson, TX

You summed it up exactly...I know I'm ready.  I've just got to get in the right frame of mind.

What is your new surgery date?  How many nights will you be in the hospital? 

Can you believe how far we've come since May!

Thanks for all of your support!!!

Karen

heidig
on 10/8/09 2:44 pm
When I went to my pre-op appointment yesterday he said well....how about we do thin monday morning instead of tuesday!  I said OK!  So then I went over to the hospital and did the blood work, and pre admission stuff.  Now, I just have to have a clear liquid diet on Sunday and nothing at all after midnight.  My surgery is at 7:30 am Monday.  I will be in the hospital until Wed. afternoon.

So, at my appointment I told him I am an excited wreck, who can't sleep.  I begged him for a sleeping pill and he "through a frown) prescribed me 5.  Enough to get to monday morning!  YEA!  I am not a pill popper and have never tried these but I have to tell you I woke up today thinking WOW so THIS is what it's like to sleep a solid 8-9 hours.  AHHHHHH relief!  In fact, I took it 30 minutes ago and I am seeing alot of type-o's here. :)  I think I should go to bed!

I absolutely can not believe it is here for BOTH of us!  Everything is going to be just great....especially after the first week or two.  I get a little teary when I think about it.  And this afternoon while cleaning up the kitchen I had a huge surge of empowerment. Like.....I am REALLY doing something to be good to me.  THats how it feels...like Im on the verge of evolving into the true me.  LOOK OUT! :)

OK this medicine is working......I suggest you get some....it's great. :) 

Heidi
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
TNgal72
on 10/10/09 8:23 am
Hey guys I'm there with u I go in monday as well and I keep thinking is it really gonna work this time am I really going to lose the weight and be ale to keep it off and then I look at stuff i wanna do and need to do and I think OMG maybe I will be able to do things and not be exhausted be able to ride any roller coaster I wanna ride and not worried if I will fit finally take my 6 year old to a water park in a normal swim suit not one that hides all I can and then wear a t-shirt all day to cover the rest..good luck to all of us we are about to take the journey of our lives
Sharon    
Most Active
Recent Topics