Help need advice

beloved64
on 10/25/04 2:58 am - Sherwood Park, Canada
Hi there i had a vbg in 2000 i managed to lose some weight but have gone back up to 245lbs..i am very discouraged since i cant eat many things due to vomiting yet can consume way too much junk food... i am trying to decide what to do...do i get it reversed re done or try the bypass?..i am worried of course that non will work or wont qualify. so as the weight lingers it has certainly harmed my self esteem,,,, any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated..ty ~Kathleen~i can be conntacted thru [email protected]
star .
on 11/3/04 11:29 pm - OK
you might try posted on the 'revisions' board. But your not alone. There are alot of VBG revisions. hang in there....
Pam S.
on 11/12/04 8:32 am - Glendale, AZ
I had the same problem you are having. I had the RNY done. I am happy and healthy now. I weigh 117 pounds and wear a size 2. Your life changes completely though when the weight is gone. Your family, friends, coworkers, everyone is different because you are different. Good luck.
David H.
on 11/23/04 9:23 am - Moorhead, MN
I had surgery in November 2000. It was tough but I lost 130 pounds and I still have kept off about 110 pounds four years later. I feel so much better as a slimmer man and I have energy. As far as what to do, I also had problems with the snacking. it seemed I ate all the time about six months ago and my weight was going up. I got out some of my old pictures and a pair of paints I used to wear. I remembered how unhappy I was and the snacking stopped. I learned to stay away from the refrigerator (out of sight anyway)and also to watch less TV. I play poker (play money)on the internet or do yard work or other things to keep me busy. I also remember to keep those low fat snacks around. i also pray for strength. Keep your head up and the surgery will help you lose and be happy again. to rationalize the being heavy is moe fun only means you have forgotten what being heavy really was like. Good luck.
marymorrow
on 7/1/05 1:53 am - Newark, DE
I also had surgery in November 2000 and lost about 130 pounds. I got down to a size 2 and was thrilled to death. Then I had to have a histerectomy (sp?) and NOW they tell me my thyroid is not working right. In any case, I've gained weight - now up to a size 6! I know that seems small, but growing out of a size 2 feels no different than growing out of a size 24! It seems that the more I gain, the more I want to eat (depression?) and I can also eat more than my fair share of junk food. I think reading the words people said to you will help me, as I hope they have helped you. Overall, I am still a much happier and healthier person since I lost the weight and I really am determined NOT to gain it back, I've just fallen off track a bit and need to get re-motivated. That's why I'm here! Mary Morrow
kathleen L.
on 7/1/05 10:41 am - Sherwood Park, Canada
Mary good to hear from you.... and all i can say right now is HUGS... I hope that u can turn things around for u and it goes well.... keeping a lookful reminder on how far uve come seems to be the key... good luck ~Kathleen~
ARLENE M.
on 11/14/05 8:37 am - ELLENVILLE, NY
hello, I am 5 years post op Nov 2000....i was 288, went down to 140, then after 3 1/2 years went to 185, lost 20 lbs and am holding at 165, sze 14, 5'1, I belive this is my holding weight...thank g-d for the rny..Arlene Maza, Ellenville, NY..In my profile, you'll see before and after fotos.
dtjohnson7
on 3/2/06 5:23 am - Zanesville, OH
Kathleen, was wondering what you decided to do? Hugs, Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics