I MUST stop smoking!

nrskris10
on 10/9/03 2:34 pm - Marshfield, MO
Please everyone, I am asking for support (and prayers too??) to help me quit smoking. I am lucky as far as being a smoker goes, I smoke about ONE cigarette a day. (None some days and a bit MORE when I am with friends that smoke.) I KNOW that I must quit before surgery. I know what I need to do to quit, but I just need prayers and encouragement to keep me going. (or NOT going...on smoke break, that is!!) Is anyone else going though this as well?
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/03 10:07 pm - CA
Kristen .... You can do this!!!!! Maybe talk to your doctor about using the patch to help you. Keep your hands and mind busy. Ask your friends to help you too. Explain that you need to quit smoking for the surgery. Maybe think of it as "only one cigarette a day", do I really need it? What is more important to me ... smoking or having the surgery? Any time you want a cigarette go for a walk, do some form of exercise. Give yourself some positive reinforcement ... like If I don't smoke a cigaretter for a week, I can go have a massage. Good luck ... YOU CAN DO THIS.
April S.
on 10/14/03 5:15 am - Toledo, OH
Kristen... Shoot me girl... I haven't quit yet. *hangs head in shame* It's like i'm ASKING to get pneumonia. Today's the day. I'm stepping away for the cigarettes. April
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views