CPAP MACHINES

Richard S.
on 10/13/03 6:18 am - Miami, FL
CPAP MACHINES DO YOU BRING YOUR PORTABLE FRM HOME?
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/03 6:58 am - CA
Each hospital is deferent so it pays to check it out with your surgeon. I asked my surgeon last month if I was to bring mine from home. He said there was no need as they would "loan" me one at the hospital. However, he did mentioned that some patients liked to use their own machines better and it was OK to bring mine from home. If I did that to be sure to put a large note taped to it stating my name etc so there was no doubt it belonged to me. Sometimes they are mistaken for hospital property and we sure don't want to lose it. Another tip is to buy a 3 prong extension cord with you. Remember the regular cord on it may not reach AND it will need to be grounded (the 3 prong extension will do that). We are going to put my CPAP in the car, but not bring it in unless we absolutely need to. If you use the one at the hospital, when you go to leave asked if you can take the mask and hose. They are not allowed to re-use it and they are thrown away. I don't know about you but my mask and hose cost $125 to replace.
Wendy L.
on 10/13/03 9:55 pm - Dracut, MA
LOL!! Not poking fun, but you gave me a good laugh this morning! I was scrolling through the messages and I thought the title to yours was "CRAP MACHINES"!!! I was so worried, I thought I was hearing about some phase of post op I hadn't heard before! Thanks for the giggle! Wendy
April S.
on 10/14/03 5:14 am - Toledo, OH
I'm going through Bariatric Treatment Center in Ypsilanti Michigan (not sure if they all have this policy) and I was told to bring the entire unit in. I'd call your surgeon and see what he/she says. April
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views