Somethings I can do to prepare,Before Surgery

Peggy H.
on 10/16/03 7:52 am - Denham Springs, LA
I host our weekly support groups here at Neweigh. Most often question is What can I do now that will help me after I have Surgery. Id have to say I feel like exercise was the greastest key to my sucess. I have to say the day I was seriuos about surgery and thought I was ready to make this BIG change in my Life ( NO Fun Intented) I started exercising. If I started feeling a little anxious about surgery Id think about all the postives that were to come. I think support groups came prepare you for some of the unknowns....What I can except to happened and What might be normal for my support buddies might not be the norm for me. If Ive learned anything from this year long journey its '" Dont sweat the small stuff " and everything is small now. I weaned myself off Cokes, Sugars and fried foods before I had surgery.I think made the adjustment better for me. So my adviced is to learn to use what ever support system you have adv. to you.ANd if I can be of any help to anyone please let me know. Just drop me an e-mail.
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/03 8:58 am - CA
Peggy, really great advice. Thanks for sharing with us. Mary
Joanne M.
on 10/21/03 1:24 pm - Millbrook, AL
I am in the process of weaning myself off Coke. I used to drink 2 to 3 cans a day. Now I open a can pour about 1/2 of it in a glass of ice and right then pour the rest down the garbage disposal so I won't be tempted. Each day I am cutting back. I guess Coke is my worst vice. I actually can't seem just to go cold turkey. Mental thing I guess. I do not like the diet cokes either. I have 2 weeks before my surgery. Thanks for your advice. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views