talking tooomuch!!

deborah Husted
on 10/16/03 11:31 am - painted post, ny
hELLO ALL! My sister inlaw made a coment a while ago about howpeople who loose weight or have this surg get obsessed and talk about it all the time. So I have not or rather tried not to say much but my oldest daughter I have ben confiding in surprised me tonight. I told her about another woman Imet here and she flew offthe handle at me. "Mom don't get mad at me but I do not want to hear about this allthe time. I feellike a blimp and it makes me feel bad" All I said was can you imagine me wearing a size 8 ? She is not that big about a size 14 and she just had a baby 8 monthes ago. I really did not know I was upsetting her? I did not want to in any way. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? Is she afraid I will not be mom any more or is she jelouse? Do any of you have any advise? I kinda am hurt ,she was suppose to be my support too? Am I being selfish? I did not thinkI was talking about it tooomuch? Any advise? thansk and god bless! deb
doit 2.
on 10/16/03 11:47 am - in my little town, NC
Hi Deborah, I too have a grown daughter who had our first grandchild 8 months ago, and she is in a 16 now and is struggling to lose the baby weight..i have often wondered if my dd gets tired of hearing me talk about my upcoming surgery-its been 2 years of my trying to get approved and I find I talk about the surgey as much as she's telling me about our grandson-they live in a different State...your dd may not like the idea of you possibly being "smaller" than her, she's probably used to her Mom being overweight(I know mine is) and its kind of "a comfort zone" that Mom is plump, as thats what she's used to. Look at it this way, you'll be a healthy Mom who will be around alot longer as a skinny Mom instead of a fat one...Sit her down and explain to her just how important this is to you, and how much you appreciate her being supportive to you, I'll bet she'll never say another harsh word about it...you are not being selfish, you are happy about the changes coming in your life and want to share that happiness with the one's most important in your life, tell her that and give her a big ol hug...best wishes...
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views