still can eat

Brenda I.
on 10/8/04 6:28 pm - Lancaster, CA
I can still eat and I mean eat. I had my surgeryo n 11/21/03. I had tonight chicken,shrimp and veggie stir fry over rice and then 2 peices of pizza then 2 scoops of sherbert with chocolate syrup, 2 brownie cookies and yet another piece of pizza and then a chicken nugget. the pizza had hamburger and onions on it and the nugget was left over from my daughters lunch. I was at 334 and now I am at 256 except last and at wls group I weighed and I was at 261. I am really scared that I am failing at this as everything else I have tried. I did not get sick nor did I dump. I actually went looking for more to eat. Instead I went to journal and then got on line and wrote a friend. Now I am doing this so I dont go into the kitchen and eat more. I need HELP. This eating was done within a 3 hour period. From Like 7:30pm to about 11pm.
elfqueen
on 10/8/04 7:29 pm - Rochester, NH
Hi, You need the support of others to help you through this. contact your doctor to see about a support group in your area. also, you might want to see your doctor you had for your psych exam because they will be able to help you as well. even the nutritionist. we have lost a lot of weight but that doesn't mean we can go off willy nilly and eat like normal people. we are still prone to be big and we have to watch what we eat for the rest of our lives. you have worked too hard in the last year to let it go now. i have times where i feel the need to be "bad" and i will have a sugar free something. but i have to portion control it. i only can eat about 4 1/2 to 5 oz in a sitting. but i still weigh everything out. i am scared to eat too much. i will probably weigh everything out till the day i die. i am scared of being big again. i have lost 130 lbs. and now weigh 132 i am at goal but i live everyday with the fear it will all be a dream and i will wake up and still weigh 263 lbs. so if you are feeling like you can eat too much please call your doctor before it's too late. you have acheived so much, and have a journey still ahead of you. Be so proud of what you have accomplished and the fact that you asked for help is wonderful. be proud of that too!! but call your doctor and they will be able to advise you of the best way to proceed. good luck please keep us informed stacy leary you can do it!!! 11/14/03 263~130
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/04 11:47 pm - TN
The surgery is just a tool. You have to do your part and eating that much in a three-hour period is not anything a post-op should do. Nor are your food choices appropriate. The fact that you CAN eat like that is unusual but that doesn't mean its okay for you to do so. Keep this up and you will be back to where you started in no time. You need counseling.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 622 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views