Survey:your goals reached?

CShore
on 10/12/04 9:22 am - Davie, FL
So now that we are all approaching our 1 year anniversary, have you reached any goals or even mini-goals you have set for yourself? Weight loss goals, inches lost goals, personal life goals, goal weight, clothing size goals? With one month left, what is it you truly want to have accomplished by your 1 year re-birthday? Or have you already accomplished it? Share your goals here! Celeste
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/04 9:47 am - TN
My original goal was to get down to 175 pounds and wear a size 16--well, I am down to 168, for a grand total loss of 149 pounds, and am staring to fit into size 12's! Some of this weight must be loose skin and muscle! I never thought I would do so well. I could very well reach my dream goal of being a normal weight, which I would hit at 150 pounds. Not by next month, but soon. Most important, my health and mobility have improved tremendously! One year ago I couldn't bend over to pick something up off the floor--now I can plop myself right down on the floor Indian style and pop right back up again! It is truly a miracle! My blood pressure is normal, my diabetes is in complete remission, my joints don't hurt, and my cholesterol profile is fantastic!
Timeko G.
on 10/12/04 10:04 am - Cleveland, OH
I can finally cross my legs
margaritagirlxx
on 10/12/04 12:10 pm - philadelphia, pa
My original goal was to lose 100 pounds by my one year anniversary (11/13) and I have reached that. I'm now trying to lose another 10 pounds by november 17 which is the date that I have to see my surgeon for my one year post op appointment. This surgery was the best decision that I could have ever made.
ceciln
on 10/12/04 1:58 pm - Stephenville, TX
Well I have shattered all my mini goals so far. My doctor set me a goal to get down to 190 lbs when I had my 6 month check up in May. I am at 175 now. My personal goal is to get to 160. My next mini goal is to get to 169. At 169 I will weigh exactly what I've lost. I'll be half the man I was. I feel great. I have gone from a 4X shirt to a Medium and from 52 in pants to 34 inch pants. I weigh less than I did in high school. If it weren't for all the loose skin, things would be perfect. Cecil 338/175 Goal is 160, almost there!
elfqueen
on 10/12/04 7:51 pm - Rochester, NH
Hi, I am now 1/2 the person i was 1 year ago. i even weigh 26 lbs less than i did when i graduated high school in 85"!! i have now lost 130 lbs. and i am at goal and have been for over a month. i am done and very happy about it. i never in my wildest dreams thought that this was possible. i still think i will wake up and all this will have been a wonderful dream. i am so happy now, i have so much energy. although i have been told yesterday i have a herniated disc and several bulging discs in my back caused by from when i was heavy and i might have to have surgery. so i am feeling the after effects still. but i am still able to work out at curves 4 times a week so, we will take one day at a time. and i also wouldn't change a thing, this surgery was the best thing i ever did in my life and i want to shout it from the rooftops for everyone to hear!! Stacy 262.5~132.0 11/14/03 (26~28 to 4 to 7)
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/04 11:01 pm - TN
Stacy--please think two or three times before you let them operate on your back. I have been a healthcare worker (nurse and then nurse practitioner) for 23 years and I have seen back surgery actually help less than 10% of the people who have it!
~~Angel~~
on 10/15/04 2:47 am - Buffalo, NY
I have lived iwth herniated discs for years. It is not impossible and the side effects of back surgery - in my opinion - outweigh the benefits. in addition, the odds are only 50/50 that it will be successful in bringing relief to the person who is operated on. If they aren't giving you a great deal of trouble? I would opt to live without the back surgery [again, in my humble opinion]
Dawn
on 10/12/04 10:28 pm - Salem, IL
I surpassed all my goals. I was 220 and wanted to be at 130 or a size nine. I am now at 112 and my size fours are getting a little big for me. I am also having a tummy tuck on November 9th. I never thought I would be this small again.
notts
on 10/13/04 12:56 am - Antioch, IL
I have not met any of my goals yet, but still have 3 weeks. I am so close!!! 1st goal was to become a member of the century club, I am at -97 as of today. Next goal was to get a normal BMI of 25. I am 2 lbs away from this. Final goal was to weigh 135 lbs. I am 8 pounds from there. Will I reach these goals all by November 4th??? Probably not, but they are just numbers on the scale. I will get there, maybe even beyond.So what if I am a slow loser, we have the rest of our lives to get this weight off!!! Laura Lap RNY 11/4/03 240/143/???135
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 622 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views