11/21 - One Year Anniversary

Tammy F.
on 11/20/04 9:49 pm - Fishers, IN
Happy one year anniversary to me! I began this journey at 5'8", 328 pounds, and feeling miserable at 38 years of age. I didn't have any major health issues at the time other than asthma but with every step I took, I felt the amount of my enormous weight crushing down on my joints. Walking for any length of time became a painful trip for my back and knees. Sitting in chairs with arms was a joke at best. Finding clothes to fit comfortably with some sense of fashion was pretty much non-existent. I was too young to live the rest of my life like that...or heaven forbid, it get any worse. So I made a decision that has not only changed the way and I look and feel but has also given me what I feel is a new lease on life! Thank God for gastric bypass surgery and for putting me in the hands of a skilled surgeon! It has been an amazing journey to date and one that I feel will never truly end. I'm a year older and 185 pounds. That's right, I lost 143 pounds since my RNY one year ago. I am healthier than I have ever been, I physically feel the best I've felt in 20+ years, and I have a much more positive mental outlook on life. You never really realize how being morbidly obese affects you in so many ways until you reverse the pattern and experience living life to the fullest again. Anyone who says they took this journey but nothing changed other than losing weight is fooling their self. This is a life-altering journey that gives you a new perspective on life and one for which I will forever be grateful. I'm so glad that my anniversary each year will roll around near Thanksgiving because it truly will remind me of the blessings I now have to be thankful for and will continue to cherish. To those who have also traveled this journey, congratulations and godspeed to you. To those who are considering embarking on this journey, please research and educate yourself in order to make the best decision possible for you...a whole new life awaits you should you choose to walk the path. For those *****search and decide surgery is not the best option to you, I applaud you for the convictions to yourself and wish you only the happiest and healthiest of times. For those who do undergo surgery, I encourage you to document through pictures and words the steps of your journey as they will serve as stepping stone reminders of how you committed to yourself to have an opportunity of starting over. Blessings to all! Tammy Open RNY 11/21/03 328\185\To be happy and healthy and I've already achieved those
Sunnisunshine
on 11/21/04 1:25 am - Sebastian, FL
What a WONDERFUL post!! Congrats to you! Have a blessed Holdiay Season! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views