To the Nov. Babies- Happy Anniversary!

Sunnisunshine
on 11/21/04 1:21 am - Sebastian, FL
Happy Anniversary to all of us November 'babies'. I hope you all are doing well on your weight loss journey. It's so nice to see everyone's successes, and comments. Just remember, we are all very individual, and lose wt differently, some faster, some slower, just like before you had the surgery. Don't get frustrated, and down on yourself because your wt loss is not going as well as someone elses. It's a journey of not only wt loss, but personal growth and a time of really getting to know who we are, who we can be without the 'fat' suit on to hide our true beauty that lies inside all of us NO MATTER the size of your clothes. I find I am more confident, and don't mind walking into a room first, and I don't mind the looks now either. I am more assertive, not sure that's a good thing..LOL but I seem to be...must go with the confidence thing. Are you guys experiencing changes in your personalities too? And as for food, I still have an adversion to bread if it doughs up in my mouth, and to melted cheese like mazzarella, I get it in my mouth and chew, and then most of the time have to spit it out because of the consistancy..happening to anyone else? Otherwise, I can pretty much eat anything without it upsetting things. I need to get more protein though, and water. I do notice that when I am stuck on the scales, if I just do what they say, and increase my water and protein, I do great, and don't feel so hungry either. Anyway, again, Happy Anniversary to all of you, and may you and yours be blessed this Holiday season. Best wishes on your journey! Cindy 357/197/? not sure of goal wt..maybe 160? Any comments on goal wts?
markgum
on 11/22/04 2:30 am - Littleton, CO
i relate to the bread issue. I just avoid it all the time. I do dump with high sugar items; (candy; ice cream; milk) I find the detour; joy ride; u-turn bars a nice subsititute for the sweets. I still do a protein drink most evey day; and sprinkle a scoop of protein powder on my yoguart for breakfast. I recently had surgery on my shoulder; and now walk around with my arm in a sling and my shirt open. I don't mind it at all. No big tummy hanging out so am feeling more confident. hope all is well.\ mark g.
Sunnisunshine
on 11/22/04 4:36 am - Sebastian, FL
Hi Mark, Sure do hope your shoulder heals quickly! And good for you not worrying if your shirt is open. It's funny, I don't worry if my shirts are long enough any more, or if it is always staying pulled down. I love the little things like that, they truly do mean so very much. Like not having to worry if they seat you at a booth or table in a restaurant, or if you'll fit into the chairs in a waiting room. Or sweating all of the time, I don't do that hardly at all, and I live in Florida! ;o) Best wishes, and thanks for your response. Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views