hunger ?????help!!!!!

deborah Husted
on 12/22/04 8:34 am - painted post, ny
I am seeming to feel hungery a lot latley. I do not know why. I seem to want to eat a lot althought I am not it seems like I am always eating. Healthy things but I just cant fill up latley. I have done the unthinkable and tried a 1/2 plain doughnut and it was fine. I just hope I haven messed myself up? I guess I am in fear of losing myself again. Has anyone eles been feeling like that latley?I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL A SAFE AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY! GOD BLESS! PS: I acually am wearing a sexy dress for christmas this year! yippppppy!!!!
chris1962
on 12/22/04 9:18 am - philadelphia, PA
I get that way from time to time too. And I feel the same way, scared to death. But I realize that I do not eat the foods I used to eat (or in my case medicate myself with) anymore. The "junk" I do eat is about a 10th of what I used to consume and if I am eating healthy foods, I just try and realize that my body is probably craving more because I am burning more calories by being more active. A furnace does need fuel. I also noticed when my appetitie increases, my weight comes off faster. Strange huh?
kymogram
on 12/27/04 11:15 am - Kansas City, MO
I LOVE to eat. I feel the same as you, often hungry. I eat little amounts all throughout the day. Friends that know about my surgery tease me about my eating habits and how I seem to constantly have food in hand. Ones that know nothing about my surgery just think I am a big pig. Many times I feel as if I am eating too much. Earlier in the year I was unable to eat anything orally for months (I ate through a feeding tube), now food taste wonderful. I am "ok" with how I eat as of now because I feel healthy and have not been gaining. I wouldn't worry about messing anything up by eating 1/2 plain doughnut. I can now tolerate sweets pretty well. I reward myself with something sweet when I am having cravings. I just don't over do it like I used to. Happy Holidays to you as well! Kym
markgum
on 1/4/05 1:01 am - Littleton, CO
yup; I know what you mean. I am HUNGRY. Since the holidays; and everyone eating all the time around me; I have been craving things. chocolate; candy; cookies; pies; cakes. I try to make things with splenda; and add protein powder to make it better for me. I find that drinking water really helps. Sometimes when I get cravings; I just help myself to a large glass of ice water. That seems to make the cravings disappear. I too fear of gaining the weight back. I don't want to undo all that I have accomplished. I believe here is where the exercise and sensible eating comes into play. We know we must exercise; and we know what we should eat. we must stick to it. Yes, we can reward ourselves now and then; but don't overdo it. hang in there. mark g.
Rachel K.
on 1/29/05 9:04 pm - Brick, NJ
It was a very sad day for me when I realized I could eat a cookie, donut or cake etc with out getting sick. Its hard not that I know I can eat it but shouldnt. I will have bites here and their but I try to keep it in check. Its funny somedays I feel like i totally pigged out and then I think back to life before surgery and what i considering pigging out now is like one meal back them. Good lucl guys : )
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views