First time on THIS board!

bknshape
on 12/26/04 10:24 am - Gadsden, AL
Didn't know they had one just for Nov 2003. I need to lurk just a bit to get aquainted. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and see what our New Year's resolutions w/be THIS year!
kymogram
on 12/27/04 11:18 am - Kansas City, MO
Welcome to the November, 2003 message board! Glad you found us! BTW, I have no resolutions. I got tired of making them only to later break them. Kym
DebA
on 12/28/04 10:18 am - Whitehouse, TX
Welcome to the board. I used to know alady from your town. Her name was Mrs. Lumpkin. We went there to see her one summer. Years ago. I remember going to a lake that was spring fed and swimming nearby. It was so cold. I was 12 at the time.Years ago as i said. Welcome and come back to see us. Debbie 11/17/03 138 pounds gone
mlovesh
on 12/29/04 5:31 am - Union City, CA
I hate resolutions but I think mine will be to be a little better about my eating habits. I wanted my weight loss to stop so I added carbs back into my diet. Well the weight loss seems to have stoped but now I feel crappy and bloated all the time. Bye, Bye Carbs!!! Melissa 314/139
pasquale
on 12/30/04 1:22 am - palm harbor, FL
Welcome Pat to the Nov. board.About news years resulution I don't have one,I use to have one every year like everyone else lose weight,but thanks to Dr. Case and his staff I don't have to have this resulution anymore thank God. I started at 257 and I'm down to 134 woooooooooooow.I'm happy I got this surgery done and no more resulution for me on that issue. Fran
bknshape
on 1/2/05 3:20 am - Gadsden, AL
Mine is to be committed to an exercise program. I'd like to be running 2 miles by this time next year. This is an issue w/me because when I was a Marine we ran ALL the time. (I guess they couldn't afford transportation) When I had 3 children in less than 2 years I think my bladder ended up around my knees! now everytime I run I become incontinent. Forget a trampoline! Anyway, I've been walking around our H.S. track and I walk uphill and have been occasionally running downhill. (hey, you have to start out EASY). So I don't know if it's a true goal I can achieve but I'm gonna try!
Happy_Loser
on 1/6/05 2:39 am - Central, IL
Hi Pat! We had surgery on the same day! I didn't make any resolutions this year! Always before it's been to lose weight. But I do have a goal to increase my exercise. I've been weight training for 5 months (M-W-F for one hour). And biking and walking occasionally. Tuesday I went to a pool Tummies & Thighs class for an hour and swam some laps. I think I'll start doing that on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The water is cold, but maybe that will rev the metabolism up while trying to keep warm. Weight training (with a trainer) has made such a tremendous difference in me -- that has to be the "gold standard" in exercise. Nothing else has ever made such a difference in such a short period of time. And during that 5 months, I've gained 5 lbs of muscle while losing 60 lbs of fat. And I don't have that "deflated balloon" look -- but am getting toned. I've really come to appreciate exercise and what it can do for you -- and that's a first! Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views