HELP!!! Probelms with blood pressure and blood sugar!!!

Kristy V.
on 1/21/05 2:52 am - Louisville, KY
I've been having problems with my blood sugar and blood pressure. They've been dropping! Extremely! My lowest blood sugar has been 31 and my lowest bp reading has been 88/62. I never had this problem before surgery! My PCP seems to think it is caused by dumping syndrome. Which, he gave me an article on and it seems to match it. But my surgeon only talked about dumping syndrome as something that could happen when you ate too much sugar, not regular food!!!! I'm just wondering if any one else is having any problems like this??? It seems that I had the WLS to make myself feel better, but all it had done is make me feel worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kristy 330/205
Mary M.
on 1/21/05 10:47 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
Kristy - I have not had to see the Dr. for any problems, however, I do get dumping syndrome if I overeat - even when sugar is not involved. For me, it could be just a couple of extra bites too many. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and STOP when I'm full and not when the food is gone!! I hope this helps! Mary
markgum
on 1/22/05 9:19 am - Littleton, CO
Hi; I have had the dumping spells; when I over eat; eat something with to much sugar; eat to fast; or eat something deep fried (fish-n-chips) even KFC causes me to dump. I tried to eat one of my kids french fries the other day and whamy.. dump city here I come. seems each one of us have something different that causes the dumping; and we need to figure it out. My b/p is just the opposite; to high; and it won't come down; so they are trying different types of meds. I was on 14 different pills every night pre-op; and now have to take 3 just for b/p. ARGH.... good luck mark g. 306/170
chris1962
on 1/24/05 8:31 am - philadelphia, PA
As far as the dumping goes, I have that problem with different types of foods. Not just sugary foods. Fried foods, dairy, and of all things tortilla chips. I just avoid it. My BP was very high before surgery, but I have been off medication for 8 months now. I do take a diruertic for fluid retention in my legs and that causes me to have bouts of low blood pressure. I had a bad few weeks back in May like you are having, but my body seems to have adjusted. Give it time Chris 396/193/???
Kristy V.
on 4/13/05 3:27 am - Louisville, KY
Well, I'm still having problems with my sugar. It's getting to where it is hard to keep it up in the normal range. My PCP is actually sending me to see an endocrinologist now. I've changed my diet to go with what they said and it hasn't helped. I can eat something one week (like pork tenderloin) and it be ok. But then eat it again the next week and my sugar will drop down to 40 or lower. It's become so bad that I have to check my blood sugar continously and they have prescribed me a glucogan rescue kit (in the event I black out, I would need a shot). This has really become a problem because I'm not able to work now and most days, not able to drive b/c they are worried I will pass out and cause harm to myself or someone else. All I can say is I had the bypass to make myself feel better and it has seem to make me feel worse! Kristy
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views