Just when everything is going good...

sshelbyk
on 3/6/05 11:43 am - Park Rapids, MN
Hi All! It's been awhile since I've been to the site. Life just seems to be getting in the way...lol. Do you ever have times when everything seems to be going your way, and then WHAM! it all changes? I'm going through one of those times now. I had nothing but good luck after my RNY. I went from 257 lbs wearing size 26/28 to 146 lbs wearing a size 10 on my 5'7" frame. That's all good! On November 14, 2004, I had my tummy tuck and breast life and am totally happy with that too. Then comes the whammy. In February I had my RNY check up with my PA, who also happens to be my sister. A couple of weeks before, I had discovered a lump in my left breast. It's about the size of a golf ball cut in half. I just figured it was trauma or scar tissue from the surgery. I showed it to Sandy at my appointment, and she scared the crap out of me. She told me it was probably nothing serious, but I had to make an appointment to see my plastic surgeon "immediately". I told her I had an appointment with him in April, and she said I couldn't wait that long. She herself had a radical mastectomy a few years ago from breast cancer. So, six days later I was in his office. He too said it was probably scar tissue, but if it hasn't gotten any smaller by my April appointment, then he is going to do a biopsy, or just remove it. I do feel a little better about it, but it's still in the back of my mind. Especially since there is breast cancer in the family. At this point, it hasn't gotten any smaller. I'm not looking forward to my April appointment with my plastic surgeon. So tell me, has anyone had a similar issue following their breast lift? My rational brain tells me everything is ok. But my emotional brain sometimes gets scared. I try not to dwell on it, but it's hard not to. I would appreciate some input. Thanks Shelley
sshelbyk
on 3/13/05 8:01 am - Park Rapids, MN
I'm going to call my plastic surgeon again on Monday. I'll see if he wants to see me again before my April appointment. I've been having more pain lately in that area. It's hard to sleep on my stomach because of it. All I keep thinking about, is now that I've gotten everything tucked up and where it belongs, they might have to cut into me again. Ok, so I'm scared out my wits too. I'll keep you posted. Shelley
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views