hello

DebA
on 3/18/05 9:42 am - Whitehouse, TX
Hi all. I am down to 132 pounds. Started at 277 size 32 and now a size 8. I am below goal of the chart weight for my height of about 5 pounds. I was wondering if any of you have trouble with the sugar alcohol in the sugar free items we can eat. I have been bothered lately with some bad GAS and i mean BAD GAS. It used to not bother me. I ate a sugar free birthday cake that my boss had me made from the bakery and it liked to have killed me. Within two hours i was in some serious pain. It took hours to pass. I mean hours. It was bad. Does it bother anyone else? I am trying to maintain now by adding carbs back in. I canot toloerate the sugar thing. It is a good thing because sugar was my problem. Be careful eating donuts etc as some of you are talking about. My doctor's nurse said if you eat a small amount of sugar each day then the body adjusts to letting you eat the stuff. I do not want to return to eating sugar, and gaining the weight back. Just a thought. Have a good one. Debbie
~~Angel~~
on 3/23/05 1:35 am - Buffalo, NY
I keep phazyme or gas-x tabs in my desk, both at home and at work. My sister, who had her surgery a year before I did, said to me remember one thing: "Phazyme is your friend." Hell, I didn't know what she was talking about, but I sure found out. Some of the sweeteners do seem to encourage gas or the trots. even this far out, its trial and error - I made myself extremely sick by accident while in the grocery store by just being dumb. Sugar alcohols are just as bad - maybe even worse than - sugar is. When I am looking at the sugar grams on the label, I count the grams of sugar alcohols. I do *not* like being sick, whi*****ludes gas and includes dumping.
Dawn
on 3/24/05 4:49 am - Salem, IL
I cannot handle the sugar alcohols. My son's birthday was yesterday and I got myself a little sugar free mini cake from walmart. I thought I was going to die after the first four bites!!! I still feel icky!!! BTW, I don't even try to eat sugar. It is bad stuff!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views