Weight gain ARGH

markgum
on 5/9/05 2:45 am - Littleton, CO
Hi all; anyone experiencing weight gain?? From my 1 year to my 18 month appointment I have gained 6 lbs. Of course; I have been recovering from shoulder surgery so I'm sure that period of inactivity had something to do with it. The doctor said I could also be low on B1 which helps with metoblism (sp??). I'm just nervous as my fear of gaining the weight back seems to be starting. I'm still eating good; small portions but do get hungry and begin snacking. Those pesky voices in my head keep nagging me to eat. just wondering if anyone else has experienced weight gain? the one nice thing is that I was told I should check into plastic surgery. now to deal with insurance on that. thanks for listening. mark g.
ccoslin
on 5/9/05 4:00 am - Truth or Consequences, NM
Hi Mark. We had surgery the same day. I initially lost about 115#. I too have experienced a slight gain. But I know why. I've cut down on my water, walking, and I can eat waaaayyy more than I think I should be able to. NOT GOOD!! And I find myself "grazing" through out the day. The old habits die hard, it seems. I keep telling myself to get back with the program. We can do it now before it gets too far out of reach. Good luck with the plastics. I see my surgeon on the 24th and we will probably discuss that too. Just hang in there. Cookie C.
doit 2.
on 5/17/05 10:52 pm - in my little town, NC
So afr I haven't gained any back, but have been STUCK at the same weight forever~until last week! I hopped on the scales and was down -5 lbs. Like you I am terrified its going to creep back up on me-this terror seems to keep me motivated and makes me walk more I think being conscious of it all the time helps-and your shoulder surgery slowed you down some...get back on track ASAP and lets stay on the losing side FOR~EVAH!! Mark you look great by the way! Hang in there!
Priscillamylove
on 5/20/05 12:10 am - Lindstrom, MN
Hi all! I too experienced a small weight gain. It may be our body's way of getting us to the weight we are supposed to be at. I ended up going down to 110 pounds, I even saw 109 for a day or two. Now I seem to be sitting at 113-114. This is all after having plastic surgery. I went to Costa Rica last November & had a tummy tuck & breast lift with augmentation. I documented some of it in my profile for those that are interested. Good luck Mark in researching plastics! Remember to research it like crazy! I started with some consults here in Minnesota, took the procedures they recommended & then researched everything. Priscilla
zhaneka
on 6/1/05 1:09 am - colorado springs, CO
RNY on 11/17/93
Honey be glad it is olnly 6 lbs I gained almost 50. you are doing fine and it will come back off
mlovesh
on 6/2/05 8:03 am - Union City, CA
I was told by my Dr. and several others that we will over lose and gain a little back up. 10-20 lbs. is the number I was given. I had lost a total of 179 lbs taking me down to 135 but have gained back 5 lbs. I have been fighting not to gain any more. I like my new size and don't want to give it up. Melissa
G R.
on 6/7/05 6:39 am - Northridge, CA
I seem to gain and loose the same 5 lbs. Don't know why....but I'm keeping a close eye on it and don't plan on it ever getting out of control again. Good luck to you
CShore
on 6/12/05 1:02 am - Davie, FL
Yep- here too! I was steady for 6 months at goal (155) but since summer and not working I'm up to 159. It is frustrating being home all day I need to keep busy at ALL Times or the voices inside get me eating. I started a new exercise program just last week to help with the extra calories I'm taking in. I love my new size and HATE that weight gain is an actuality after all I've done to get down to this size. I'm frustrated! Celeste
Gloria W.
on 6/30/05 4:25 am - Interlachen, fl
i know the feeling i also am scared of that. and i work out more then ever now. but i am going to get the tummy tuck next week. no insurance help but i did get finacined. though AFP. so i will have to pay over 10K when i am done it is worth it. good luck
Kathy C.
on 7/6/05 4:57 pm - Carrollton, AL
Hi Mar****ep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds but I keep a close watch on the scales and know that it will be easier to take off 3 pounds than 30. Just keep a close eye on that 6 pounds . Get you some protein shakes and be sure to get your 64 grams of protein each day plus your 64 oz. of water. Sometimes that's hard for me to do. Good Luck checking into plastic surgery. I am waiting for approval right now. Wish me luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views